Promising energetic materials composed of nanosilicon and solid oxidizers
- 75 Downloads
A method for production of mechanically activated energetic compositions consisting of nanosilicon and solid inorganic oxidizers is developed. For the compositions prepared, both high-speed burning and detonation are observed. The propagation of the reaction is accompanied by a high energy release, comparable to the heat of explosion of aluminized high explosives. The compositions are highly sensitive to thermal stimuli and capable of rapid deflagration-to-detonation transition. The results obtained in the work suggest that nanosilicon-based formulations as promising energetic materials for a wide range of applications, from initiating compositions in blasting caps to compositions for small charges in microsystem devices.
Keywordshigh explosives nanosilicon perchlorates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Dolgoborodov, M. N. Makhov, I. V. Kolbanev, and A. N. Streletskii, RF Patent No. 2235085, Byull. Izobret., No. 24 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Yu. Dolgoborodov, A. N. Streletskii, I. V. Kolbanev, and M. N. Makhov, in Proceedings of the 35th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, Fort Collins, Colorado, 2008, Ed. by F. J. Schelling (IPSUSA Seminars, Denver, 2008), p. 169.Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Belyaev, V. K. Bobolev, A. I. Korotkov, A. A. Sulimov, S. V. Chuiko, Transition of Combustion of Condensed System to Explosion (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Teselkin, A. N. Streletskii, A. N. Kolbanev, and A. Yu. Dolgoborodov, Combustion and Explosion, Ed. by S. M. Frolov (Torus, Moscow, 2009), No. 2, p. 141 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Teselkin, A. N. Streletskii, A. N. Kolbanev, and A. Yu. Dolgoborodov, Combustion and Explosion, Ed. by S. M. Frolov (Torus, Moscow, 2010), No. 3, p. 292 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods. Manual of Tests and Criteria, 4th ed. (United Nations, New York, 2003). ST/SG/AC.10/11/Rev.4Google Scholar
- 9.B. P. Berger, B. Haas, P. Folly, J. Mathieu, T. Vine, and T. T. Griffiths, in Proceedings of the 33rd International Pyrotechnics Seminar, Fort Collins, Colorado, 2006 (IPSUSA Seminars, Denver, 2006), p. 81.Google Scholar
- 10.M. N. Makhov, Khim. Fiz. 19(6), 52 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.M. N. Makhov, Khim. Fiz. 19(9), 83 (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.M. N. Makhov, in Proceedings of International Conference 7th Kharitonov Topical Scientific Readings, Sarov, Russia, 2005 (Ross. Fed. Yad. Tsentr-Vseross. Nauchn.-Issl. Inst. Eksp. Fiz., Sarov, 2005), p. 53.Google Scholar