Numerical simulation of the unsteady propagation of combustion in a duct with a supersonic viscous gas flow
- 46 Downloads
The effect of the type of mathematical model on the results of numerical simulations of combustion in a flat model combustion chamber with a supersonic flow is considered. The process of formation of a flow with combustion in a chamber includes the propagation of the combustion wave along the chamber and the emergence of a pseudoshock structure. The results of nonstationary calculations by the explicit scheme using (1) the no-slip boundary condition at the chamber walls and the local time stepping procedure, (2) law-of-the-wall and the local time stepping procedure, and (3) law-of-the-wall and the fractional time stepping procedure are compared. Arguments in favor of the applicability of the latter approach to solving this class of problems are presented. The physical results obtained are analyzed.
Keywordssupersonic flow combustion chamber pseudoshock numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. V. Voloshchenko, S. A. Zosimov, and A. A. Nikolaev, in Proceedings of the 1st and 2nd International School-Seminar on Models and Methods of Aerodynamics (MNTsMO, Moscow, 2002), p. 75.Google Scholar
- 2.E. V. Piotrovich, V. N. Sermanov, V. N. Ostras’, et al., in Proceedings of the 1st and 2nd International School-Seminar on Models and Methods of Aerodynamics (MNTsMO, Moscow, 2002), p. 102.Google Scholar
- 3.T. J. Coakley, AIAA Paper No. 83-1693 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Vlasenko, Tr. Tsentr. Aerogidrodin. Inst., No. 2671, 20 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Vlasenko and V. A. Sabel’nikov, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 31(3), 118 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.O. V. Gus’kov, V. I. Kopchenov, I. I. Lipatov, V. N. Ostras’, and V. P. Starukhin, Processes of Braking Supersonic Flows in Channels (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar