Functional activity of the NADH-dependent reductase system in liver and Guerin’s carcinoma microsomal fraction in rats exposed to preliminary irradiation
- 33 Downloads
The activity of liver microsomal and Guerin’s carcinoma NADH-cytochrome b 5 reductase, the content and the rate of cytochrome b 5 oxidation-reduction have been investigated in tumor-bearing rats exposed to preliminary irradiation. Preliminary irradiation of rats (before transplantation of Guerin’s carcinoma) resulted in the decrease of NADH-cytochrome b 5 reductase activity and the content of cytochrome b 5 in the Guerin’s carcinoma microsomal fraction in the latent and logarithmic phases of oncogenesis compared with the non-irradiated tumor-bearing rats. The effect of irradiation preceding transplantation of the tumor to rats results in the increase of enzymatic activities of liver microsomal NADH-cytochrome b 5 reductase in the latent and logarithmic phases of tumor growth as compared with non-irradiated tumor-bearing rats. At the same time the content of cytochrome b 5 decreased, while the rate of its oxidation-reduction rate simultaneously increased in the liver microsomal fraction of tumor-bearing rats.
KeywordsNADH-cytochrome b5 reductase cytochrome b5 microsomal fraction liver Guerin’s carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gan, L., von Moltke, L.L., Trepanier, L.A., Harmatz, J.S., Greenblatt, D.J., Court, M.H., American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2009, vol. 37, pp. 90–96.Google Scholar
- 6.Orekhovich, V.N. Ed., Sovremennye metody v biokhimii (Modern Methods in Biochemistry), Moscow: Meditsina, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.Lowry, O.H., Rosebrough, M.J., Farr, A.L., and Randal, R.J., J. Biol. Chem., 1951, vol. 193, pp. 265–275.Google Scholar
- 11.Marchenko, M.M., Ketsa, O.V., and Velikyi, M.M., Biokhimichna transformatsia ksanobiotikiv u organizmi (Biochemical Transformation of Xenobiotics in the Body), Chernovsty: National University, 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.Krzhechkovskaya, V.V., Kriticheskie tekhnologii. Membrany, 2005, vol. 26, pp. 10–22.Google Scholar