Bioresorption of Porous 3D Matrices Based on Collagen in Liver and Muscular Tissue
Highly porous cylinder-shaped 3D matrices with diameters of 1.3 and 3 mm were obtained by lyophilization of collagen solution. A study in vivo of the mechanism and rate of resorption of the resulting material showed that complete resorption of the matrix occurred 6 weeks after their implantation into liver tissue and 3 weeks after implantation into muscle tissue of animals. Surrounding tissues were not altered or damaged. Histological analysis revealed that, simultaneously with the resorption of matrix collagen, connective tissue and blood vessels were formed. This allows us to recommend the developed porous material based on collagen for use as matrices for tissue engineering and cellular transplantation.
Keywords3D porous material collagen resorption tissue engineering cellular transplantation liver muscle tissue histological analysis
porous collagen matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dhandayuthapani, B., Yoshida, Y., Maekawa, T., and Kumar, D.S., Polymeric scaffolds in tissue engineering application: a review, Int. J. Polymer Sci. 2011, Article ID 290602.Google Scholar
- Dobrovolskaya, I.P., Popryadukhin, P.V., Yudin, V.E., Ivan’kova, E.M., Elokhovskiy, V.Yu., Weishauptova, Z., and Balik, K., Structure and properties of porous films based on aliphatic copolyamide developed for cellular technologies, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med., 2015, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 5381–5391.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gunatillake, P.A. and Adhikari, R., Biodegradable synthetic polymers for tissue engineering, Eur. Cell. Mater., 2003, vol. 20, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar
- Popryaduhin, P.V., Yukina, G.Yu., Suslov, D.N., Dobrovolskaya, I.P., Ivankova, E.M., and Yudin, V.E., Bioresorption of porous 3D-materials based on chitosan, Tsitologiia, 2016, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 771–777.Google Scholar
- Solov’eva, N.I., Matrix metalloproteinases and their biological functions, Bioorg. Khim., 1998, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 245–255.Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, M., Sawaya, R., Mohanam, S., Loskutoff, D.J., Bruner, J.M., Rao, V.H., Oka, K., Tomonaga, M., Nicolson, G.L., and Rao, J.S., Expression and localization of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in human gliomas, Cancer Res., 1994, vol. 54, pp. 3329–3332.Google Scholar