Edgeworth equilibrium in a model of interregional economic relations
- 30 Downloads
We introduce an analog of an Edgeworth equilibrium for a class of multiregional economic systems. We analyze the game-theoretic aspects of the coalition stability of regional development plans and establish a quite general existence theorem for an Edgeworth equilibrium. We discuss the questions of coincidence of the set of these equilibria with the fuzzy core and the set of theWalrasian equilibria of the multiregional systemin question.Our methods rest on a systematic accounting for the polyhedrality of the sets of balanced coalition plans.
Keywordsmodel of a multiregional system k-subdivision of a model Edgeworth equilibrium fuzzy ℚ-core Walrasian equilibrium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.I. Eckland, Elements of Mathematical Economics (Mir, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Rubinshtein, Modeling Economic Interactions in Territorial Systems (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Suslov, Measuring the Effects of Interregional Interactions: Models, Methods, and Results (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Granberg, V. I. Suslov, and S. A. Suspitsyn, Multi-Regional Systems: Mathematical Studies in Economics (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.A. J. Goldman, “Decomposition and Separability Theorems for PolyhedralConvex Sets,” in Linear Inequalities and Related Questions (Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1959), pp. 162–171.Google Scholar