The effect of N-arachidonoyldopamine on the dynamics of the intracellular calcium concentration in hippocampal neurons in the model of postischemic epileptogenesis in vitro
- 29 Downloads
We studied the dynamics of the intracellular concentration of calcium ions ([Ca2+] i ) and the influence of the endogenous cannabinoid N-arachidonoyldopamine (N-ADA) on disturbances of calcium homeostasis in cultured hippocampal neurons in the model of postischemic epileptogenesis (PE) in vitro, in accordance with a previously published method. It was found that 24 h after treatment with 20 μM glutamate, its application at a concentration of 50 μM results in a persistent increase in [Ca2+] i whereas in neurons that were not previously subjected to glutamate treatment an increase in [Ca2+] i after the application of 50 μM glutamate was reversible. The presence of N-ADA (5 μM) in the incubation medium both simultaneously with 20 μM glutamate exposure and for 24 h after it promoted recovery of the [Ca2+] i level to the initial level. The results indicate that application of N-ADA promotes normalization of neuronal calcium homeostasis in a PE model in vitro.
Keywordsendogenous cannabinoid system N-arachidonoyldopamine postischemic epileptogenesis hippocampal cell culture neuroprotectors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Rodionov, A.A., Kabanova, I.A., Seifulla, R.D., and Timofeev, A.B., Annaly Klinich. Eksp. Nevrologii, 2008, vol. 2, no. 3, 14᾿8.Google Scholar
- 5.Noskova, T.Yu., Annaly Klinich. Eksp. Nevrologii, 2009, vol. 3, no. 3, 37᾿0.Google Scholar
- 18.Katona, I., Cannabis and Endocannabinoid Signaling in Epilepsy. Pertwee, R.G., Ed., Endocannabinoids. Handb. Exp. Pharmacol. Springer Int. Publ. Switzerland, 2015, vol. 231, 285᾿16.Google Scholar
- 19.Bhaskaran, M.D. and Smith, B.N., PLoS. One, 2010, vol. 5.Google Scholar
- 24.Genrikhs, E.E., Bobrov, M.Yu., Andrianova, E.L., Gretskaya, N.M., Lyzhin, A.A., Blazhenova, A.V., Frumkina, L.E., Bezuglov, V.V., and Khaspekov, L.G., Annaly Klinich. Eksp. Nevrologii, 2010, vol. 4, no. 4, 37᾿2.Google Scholar
- 26.Dos Santos, R.G., Hallak, E.C., Leite, J.R., Zuardi, A.W., and Crippa, J.A., J. Clin. Pharm. Thera, vol. 40, 135᾿43.Google Scholar