Neonatal Lethality and Inflammatory Phenotype of the New Transgenic Mice with Overexpression of Human Interleukin-6 in Myeloid Cells
To model human interleukin-6 (hIL-6) associated diseases, unique mice with transgenic overexpression of human IL-6 and reporter fluorescent protein EGFP in cells of macrophage-monocyte lineage were generated using loxP–Cre system. High level of hIL-6 production by macrophages and monocytes, as confirmed in vitro in primary culture of bone marrow-derived macrophages, in vivo resulted in early postnatal death in vivo, presumably, due to the effect of overexpression of hIL-6 on hematopoiesis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korneev, K.V., Sviryaeva, E.N., Drutskaya, M.S., Kuprash, D.V., and Nedospasov, S.A., Development of a system for the Cre-dependent induced production of human IL-6 in mouse and human cells, Ross. Immunol. Zh., 2016, vol. 10, no. 2 (19), pp. 188–192.Google Scholar
- 5.Zvezdova, E.S., Silaeva, Yu.Yu., Vagida, M.S., Maryukhnich, E.V., Deikin, A.V., Ermolkevich, T.G., Kadulin, S.G., Sadchikova, E.R., Goldman, I.L., and Kazansky, D.B., Generation of transgenic animals expressing the and chains of the autoreactive T-cell receptor, Mol. Biol. (Moscow), 2010, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 277–286.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Grivennikov, S.I., Tumanov, A.V., Liepinsh, D.J., Kruglov, A.A., Marakusha, B.I., Shakhov, A.N., Murakami, T., Drutskaya, L.N., Forster, I., Clausen, B.E., Tessarollo, L., Ryffel, B., Kuprash, D.V., and Nedospasov, S.A., Distinct and nonredundant in vivo functions of TNF produced by T cells and macrophages/neutrophils: protective and deleterious effects, Immunity, 2005, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 93–104.Google Scholar
- 8.Kyoizumi, S., Murray, L.J., and Namikawa, R., Preclinical analysis of cytokine therapy in the SCID-hu mouse, Blood, 1993, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1479–1488.Google Scholar
- 11.Yona, S., Kim, K.W., Wolf, Y., Mildner, A., Varol, D., Breker, M., Strauss-Ayali, D., Viukov, S., Guilliams, M., Misharin, A., Hume, D.A., Perlman, H., Malissen, B., Zelzer, E., and Jung, S., Fate mapping reveals origins and dynamics of monocytes and tissue macrophages under homeostasis, Immunity, 2013, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 79–91.CrossRefGoogle Scholar