Action of Iron Nitrosyl Complexes, NO Donors, on the Activity of Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate Phosphodiesterase
- 3 Downloads
The effect of iron nitrosyl complexes, NO donors, of a general formula [Fe2(L)2(NO)4] with functional sulfur-containing ligands (L-3-nitro-phenol-2-yl, 4-nitro-phenol-2-yl, or 1-methyl-tetrazol-5-yl) on the activity of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and cyclic guanosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase (cGMP PDE) was studied. The test complexes uncoupled the hydrolytic and transport functions of Ca2+- ATPase, thus disturbing the balance of Ca2+ ions in cells, which may affect the formation of thrombi and adhesion of metastatic cells to the endothelium of capillaries. They also inhibited the activity of cGMP PDE, thereby contributing to the accumulation of the second messenger cGMP. The studied iron nitrosyl complexes can be considered as potential drugs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lewandowska, H., Kalinowska, M., Brzoska, K., Wojciuk, K., Wojciuk, G., and Kruszewski, M., Nitrosyl iron complexes-synthesis, structure and biology, Dalton. Trans., 2011, vol. 40, pp. 8273–8289.Google Scholar
- 2.Aldoshin, S.M. and Sanina, N.A., Functional iron nitrosyl complexes—a new class of nitric oxide donors for the treatment of socially significant diseases, in Fundamental’nye nauki–meditsine: Biofizicheskie meditsinskie tekhnologii (Basic Sciences for Medicine: Biophysical Medical Technologies), Grigor’ev, A.I. and Vladimirov, Yu.A., Eds., Moscow: MAKS Press, 2015, vol. 1, pp. 72–102.Google Scholar
- 3.Tat’yanenko, L.V., Konovalova, N.P., Bogdanov, G.N., Dobrokhotova, O.V., and Fedorov, B.S., Zh. Biomed. Khim., 2006, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 52–59.Google Scholar
- 4.Granik, V.G. and Grigor’ev, N.B., Oksid azota (NO), Novyi put’ k poisku lekarstv (Nitric Oxide (NO), Another Way for Drug Discovery), Vuzovskaya Kniga, 2004.Google Scholar
- 5.Sanina, N.A., Krivenko, A.G., Manzhos, R.A., Emel’yanova, N.S., Kozub, G.I., Korchagin, D.V., Shilov, G.V., Kondrat’eva, T.A., Ovanesyan, N.S., and Aldoshin, S.M., Influence of aromatic ligand on the redox-activity of neutral binuclear tetranitrosyl iron complexes [Fe2(µ-SR)2(NO)4]: experiments and quantum- chemical modeling, New J. Chem., 2014, vol. 38, pp. 292–301.Google Scholar
- 6.Anan’ev, I.V., Medvedev, M.G., Aldoshin, S.M., Eremenko, I.L., and Lysenko, K.A., Vibrational smearing of the electron density as a function of the strength and direction of the interatomic interactions: nonvalent interactions of the nitro group in the island crystal [Fe(NO)2(S-C6H4NO2)]2, Izv. Akad. Nauk Ser. Khim., 2016, no. 6, pp. 1473–1483.Google Scholar
- 7.Sanina, N.A., Korchagin, D.V., Shilov, G.V., Kulikov, A.V., Shestakov, A.F., Sulimenkov, I.V., and Aldoshin, S.M., Structures of bis(1-methyltetrazole-5- thiolato)(tetranitrosyl) diiron and its intermediates in solutions, Russ. J. Coord. Chem., 2010, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 876–886.Google Scholar
- 8.Tat’yanenko, L.V., Dobrokhotova, O.V., Kotel’nikov, A.I., Sanina, N.A., Kozub, G.I., Kondrat’eva, T.A., and Aldoshin, S.M., Khim.-Farmatsevt. Zh., 2013, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 65–69.Google Scholar
- 11.Schmark, G.A. and Levfer, A.M., Res. Commun. Chem. Pathol. Pharmacol., 1982, vol. 35, pp. 177–178.Google Scholar
- 12.Berezin, I.V. and Klessov, A.A., Prakticheskii kurs khimicheskoi i fermentativnoi kinetiki (A Practical Course in Chemical and Enzymatic Kinetics), Izs. MGU, 1973, pp. 77–84.Google Scholar