Filtering of Trends with Forbush Effects of Time Series of Observations Performed by Cosmic-Ray Monitoring Systems
A method for filtering trends with Forbush effects of the time series of observations performed by cosmic-ray monitoring systems is proposed. A filtering algorithm based on sliding local models and weighted averaging is developed. A mathematical technique for optimizing the filter parameters is implemented. The results of observations from a neutron monitor are used as an example to test the developed filtering algorithm and estimate its efficiency.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Belov, “Forbush effects and their connection with solar, interplanetary and geomagnetics phenomena,” in Proceedings of the Universal IAU Symposium No. 257 on Universal Heliophysical Processes, Ionnina, Greece, Sept. 15–19, 2008, Ed. by N. Gopalswamy and D. F. Webb (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2009).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Dorman, Cosmic Rays in Magnetospheres of the Earth and Other Planets (Springer, Dordrecht, 2010).Google Scholar
- 3.I. O. Ivanov, V. V. Borog, A. V. Kryanev, V. G. Getmanov, and R. V. Sidorov, “Comparison of abilities of two trend definition techniques for experimental data time series processing,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 788, 012017 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Getmanov, Digital Processing of Nonstationary Oscillating Signals Based on Local and Spline Models (NIYaU MIFI, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Belov, “Russian of neutron monitor network: creation history, modern state, perspectives,” in Academician S.N. Vernov: To 100 Years from Birthday (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2010), pp. 93–114 [in Russian].Google Scholar