First Results from BM@N Technical Run with Deuteron Beam
BM@N (Baryonic Matter at Nuclotron) is the first experiment to be realized at the accelerator complex of NICA-Nuclotron at JINR (Dubna). The aim of the experiment is to study interactions of relativistic heavy ion beams with a kinetic energy from 1 to 4.5 AGeV with fixed targets. The BM@N set-up at the starting phase of the experiment is introduced. First results of the analysis of minimum bias experimental data collected in the technical run in interactions of the deuteron beam of 4 AGeV with different targets are presented. The spacial, momentum and primary vertex resolution of the GEM tracker are studied. The signal of Lambda-hyperon is reconstructed in the proton-pion invariant mass spectrum. The data results are described by Monte Carlo simulations. The investigation has been performed at the Laboratory of High Energy Physics, JINR.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.V. Friese et al. (CBM Collab.), “Strangeness prospects with the CBM experiment,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 668, 012014 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.BM@N Project Report. http://bmnshift.jinr.ru/ wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=bmnproject_2016.pdf.Google Scholar
- 6.BM@N Technical Design Report for the GEM Tracking System. http://bmnshift.jinr.ru/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php? media=tdr_gem_may2017_v1.doc.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Akishina and I. Kisel, “Time-based cellular automaton track finder for the CBM experiment,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 599, 012024 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Gorbunov and I. Kisel, “Reconstruction of decayed particles based on the Kalman filter,” CBM-SOFTnote-2007-003 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.http://cbmroot.gsi.de.Google Scholar
- 12.N. Amelin, K. Gudima, and V. Toneev, “Ultrarelativistic nucleus-nucleus collisions within a dynamical model of independent quark-gluon strings,” Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 51, 1093 (1990).Google Scholar
- 14.K. Gudima, S. Mashnik, and A. Sierk, LANL Report LA-UR01-6804 (Los Alamos Natl. Labor., Los Alamos, 2001). https://mcnp.lanl.gov/.Google Scholar
- 15.http://mpd.jinr.ru.Google Scholar
- 16.http://garfieldpp.web.cern.ch/garfieldpp/.Google Scholar