The compensation of the noise due to angular oscillations of the laser beam in the Precision Laser Inclinometer
- 18 Downloads
An experimental method for the compensation of the noise originated by the laser ray angular oscillations was proposed and experimentally proved for the Precision Laser Inclinometer (PLI). The PLI noise spectral density was reduced by factor 30× and reached 10–8 rad/Hz1/2 level at the frequency of 5 × 10–5 Hz. The angular noise of a laser ray leaving the one-mode optical fiber in the vacuum and in stabilized temperature conditions has been measured. The amplitude of the oscillations for one-day observation reached 0.46 μrad.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Budagov et al., “The search for and registration of superweak angular ground motions,” JINR Commun. E18-2013-107 (JINR, Dubna, 2013).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Azaryan et al., “The precision laser inclinometer long-term sensitivity in thermo-stabilized conditions,” Report Presented at CLIC Workshop 2015, Jan. 26–30, 2015, CERN, JINR Preprint E13-2015-35 (JINR, Dubna, 2015).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Azaryan, V. Batusov, J. Budagov, V. Glagolev, M. Lyablin, G. Trubnikov, G. Shirkov, J.-Ch. Gayde, B. di Girolamo, D. Mergelkuhl, and M. Nessi, “The precision laser inclinometer long-term measurement in thermo-stabilized conditions (first experimental data),” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 12, 532–535 (2015).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.O. Iwasinska-Kowalska, “A system for precise laser beam angular steering,” Meas. Syst. 21, 27–36 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Rijnvelda et al., “A tip/tilt mirror with large dynamic range for the ESO VLT four laser guide star facility,” Proc. SPIE 8125, 812503P1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Qingkun Zhou et al., “Goldenberg design of fast steering mirror systems for precision laser beams steering,” in Proceedings of the ROSE 2008, IEEE International Workshop on Robotic and Sensors Environments, Ottawa, Canada, Oct. 17–18, 2008.Google Scholar
- 13.https://www.physikinstrumente.com/en/products/z-tiptilt-platforms/piezo-platforms/s-325-piezo-z-tip-tiltplatform-300650/#c16797.Google Scholar
- 14.D. Dragan, “Hysteresis in piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials,” in The Science of Hysteresis, Ed. by I. Mayergoyz and G. Bertotti (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2005), Vol. 3, Chap.4.Google Scholar
- 15.V. Batusov et al., “Photodetector noise limitations of the laser ray space localization precision,” JINR Preprint E13-2008-90 (JINR, Dubna, 2008).Google Scholar
- 18.G. Stern et al., “Experiments of laser pointing stability in air and in vacuum to validate micrometric positioning sensor,” in Proceedings of 5th International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC 2014, Dresden, Germany, pp. 1793–1795.Google Scholar
- 23.N. Azaryan et al., “The monitoring of the effects of Earth surface inclination with the precision laser inclinometer for high luminosity colliders,” in Proceedings of the RuPAC 2016, 25th Russian Particle Accelerator Conference, Nov. 21–25, 2016, St. Petersburg.Google Scholar