Installation for studying the plasma of Z-pinch initiated by an electron beam
- 24 Downloads
An installation is developed for studying the dynamics of Z-pinch plasma with the discharge initiation by an electron beam. Research and commissioning works are performed for creating a system of electron beam formation using the adiabatic plasma lens. The study results are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. N. Lebedev and A. V. Shal’nov, Principles of Accelerator Physics and Technique (Energoizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Drozdovsky, A. V. Bogdanov, R. O. Gavrilin, A. A. Golubev, S. A. Drozdovsky, I. V. Roudskoy, S. M. Savin, and V. V. Yanenko, “An electronic gun with the adiabatic plasma lens,” in Proceedings of the 24th Russian Particle Accelerator Conference RUPAC’14, Obninsk, Russia, October 6–10, 2014. www.jacow.org.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Tauschwitz, S. S. Yu, R. O. Bangerter, J. Barnard, S. Eylon, T. J. Fessenden, S. Eylon, D. H. H. Hoffmann, J. Kwan, W. Leemans, M. de Magistris, C. Peters, L. Reginato, and W. M. Sharp, “Adiabatic focusing and channel transport for heavy ion fusion,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Laser Interaction and Related Plasma Phenomena LIRPP’97, Monterey, CA, Apr. 13–18, 1997, AIP Conf. Proc. 406, 251–258 (1997).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.A. Drozdowskiy, S. Drozdowskiy, A. Golubev, P. Sasorov, S. Savin, and V. Yanenko, “Conversion of beams in the plasma lens and investigation of Z-pinch dynamics,” Probl. At. Sci. Technol., No. 6 (88), 39–42 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.W. P. Leemans, A. J. Gonsalves, H.-S. Mao, K. Nakamura, C. Benedetti, C. B. Schroeder, Cs. Tóth, J. Daniels, D. E. Mittelberger, S. S. Bulanov, J.-L. Vay, C. G. R. Geddes, and E. Esarey, “Multi-GeV electron beams from capillary-discharge-guided subpetawatt laser pulses in the self-trapping regime,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 245002 (2014).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar