Electronic Spectra and Structure of Molten Mixtures xNa2O–Re2O3–(100–x)B2O3 (Re = Pr, Nd)
The results of the spectral studies of molten mixtures xNa2O–Re2O3–(100–x)B2O3 (Re = Pr, Nd; x = 0–50) at 1273 K are reported. In both the mixtures, the cyclical changes in the coordination numbers of boron atoms, for which the limits of the concentration variation of fourfold coordinated boron groups are specified, are observed with an increase in the concentration of Na2O. It is shown that the coordination numbers of the Pr(III) and Nd(III) ions increase from 6 to 8 in the range from 0 to 10 mol % of Na2O.
Keywordsrare-earth elements electronic spectra conversion borate melt boron oxide absorption spectra reflection spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ryabov, V.V., Istomin, S.A., Khokhryakov, A.A., Ivanov, A.V., and Paivin, A.S., Viscosity of sodium borate melts containing mechanically activated REE oxide additives, Rasplavy, 2015, no. 2, pp. 35–39.Google Scholar
- 3.Istomin, S.A., Khokhryakov, A.A., Ryabov, V.V., Ivanov, A.V., and Paivin, A.S., Electric conductivity of sodium borate melts containing mechanically activated REE oxide additives, Rasplavy, 2015, no. 2, pp. 30–34.Google Scholar
- 7.Khokhryakov, A.A., Paivin, A.S., and Noritsyn, S.I., Spectral-analytical complex to electron spectra high temperature melt registration and limits of its application, Rasplavy, 2014, no. 1, pp. 62–70.Google Scholar
- 9.Khokhryakov, A.A., Paivin, A.S., Vershinin, A.O., and Istomin, S.A., Electron spectra and structure of molten mixtures xNa2O–(100–x)B2O3 and xNa2O–Ce2O3–(100–x)B2O3, Butler. Soobshch., 2016, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 80–87.Google Scholar
- 14.Myuller, R.L., Elektroprovodnost’ stekloobraznykh veshchestv, Sb. trudov (Electric Conductivity of Vitreous Substances, Collection of Articles), Leningrad: Leningr. Gos. Univ., 1968.Google Scholar
- 15.Myuller, R.L., Electric conductivity of glasses containing two types of alkali ions, Sov. Phys. Solid State, 1960, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1219–1223.Google Scholar
- 19.Dieke, G.H., Spectra and Energy Levels of Rare-Earth Ions in Crystals, New York: Interscience, 1968.Google Scholar
- 20.Khokhryakov, A.A., Vershinin, A.O., Paivin, A.S., and Lizin, A.A., Electronic spectra of Ce(III) and Pr(III) ions in molten alcali fluorides, Rasplavy, 2015, no. 4, pp. 3–11.Google Scholar