A Tribute to Nicolai Pavlovich Yushkin, one of the discoverers of chernovite. Chernovite-(Y) and other arsenic minerals in rare-metal granites and greisens of the Far East
- 72 Downloads
An assemblage of chernovite-(Y), As-bearing thorite, rooseveltite, and Cu and Fe arsenates has been revealed in Li-F granites, ongonites, and greisens of the Far East. The formation sequence of the above minerals is described in this paper. Chernovite-(Y) is a product of autometasomatic alteration of Li-F granite and ongonite, whereas other arsenates and As-thorite are products of greisenization.
KeywordsArsenate Ilmenite Tourmaline Topaz Chukchi Peninsula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cabella, R., Lucchetti, G., and Marescotti, P., Occurrence of LREE- and Y-arsenates from a Fe-Mn deposit, Ligurian Brianconnais Domain, Maritime Alps, Italy, Can. Mineral., 1999, vol. 37, pp. 961–972.Google Scholar
- Förster, H.-J., Ondrejka, M., and Uher, P., Mineralogical responses to subsolidus alteration of granitic rocks by oxidizing As-bearing fluids: REE arsenates and As-rich silicates from the Zinnwald granite, eastern Erzgebirge, Germany, Can. Mineral., 2011, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 913–930.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Goldin, B.A., Yushkin, N.P., and Fishman, M.V., Chernovite, a new yttrium mineral, Zap. Vses. Mineral. O-va, 1967, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 699–704.Google Scholar
- Graeser, S. and Roggiani, A.G., Occurrence and genesis of rare arsenate and phosphate minerals around Pizzo Cervandone, Italy/Switzerland, Rend. Soc. Ital. Miner. Petrol., 1976, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 279–288.Google Scholar
- Kempe, U., Wolf, D., and Sala, M., Members of the philipsbornite-florencite and chernovite-xenotime solid solution series in metasomatic altered granites of the Zinnwald tin deposit (Erzgebirge, Germany), Beih. Eur. J. Miner., 1999, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 120.Google Scholar
- Kozyreva, I.V., Shvetsova, I.V., and Yudovich, Ya.E., New findings of chernovite in the Subpolar Urals, Doklady Earth Sci., 2003, vol. 390, no. 4, pp. 597–600.Google Scholar
- Ondrejka, M., Uher, P., Prsek, J., and Ozdin, D., Arsenian monazite-(Ce) and xenotime-(Y), REE arsenates and carbonates from the Tisovec-Rejkovo rhyolite, western Carpathians, Slovakia: composition and substitutions in the (REE,Y)XO4 system (X = P, As, Si, Nb, S), Lithos, 2007, vol. 95, pp. 116–129.CrossRefGoogle Scholar