Problems of planning scientific and technological development at the national level
The article analyzes problems of planning research and technological development. We consider two lines of theoretical concepts of planning, i.e., economic and mathematical versus empirical and evolutionary. Problems of the statistical basis for constructing economic and mathematical models of scientific and technological development are studied in detail. The example of Russia is used to show that the weakness of the theoretical framework of planning leads to inconsistencies in government priorities of scientific and technological development.
KeywordsRUSSIAN Economic Development National Innovation System Priority Direction Planning Scientific Empirical Concept
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.B. Lundvall, “Innovation As an interactive process: from user-producer interaction to the national innovation systems,” in Technology and Economic Theory, Ed. by G. Dosi, C. Freeman, R. R. Nelson, G. Silverberg, and L. Soete (Pinter, London, 1988).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Gokhberg, S. A. Zaichenko, G. A. Kitova, and T. E. Kuznetsova, Science Policy: the Global Context and the Russian Practice (NIU VShE, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.B. Godin, http://www.csiic.ca/PDF/Godin-14.pdf.
- 10.M. A. Grueber, http://www.rdmag.com/articles/2012/12/view-world-r-d.
- 11.S. Yu. Glaz’ev, The Theory of Long-Term Technical and Economic Development (VlaDar, Moscow, 1993) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Bessonov, N. Yu. Brodskii, S. V. Zhuravlev, A. G. Stolyarova, and A. S. Frolov, “On the development of the ICT sector in the Russian economy,” Vopr. Stat. No. 12 (2011).Google Scholar
- 15.Outlook for Energy in the World and Russia to up to 2035, Ed. by A.A. Makarova and L.G. Grigor’eva (INEI RAN, Moscow, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.I. G. Dezhina, “By elevator, via a platform to a cluster,” Nezavisimaya Gazeta, Apr. 26 (2012).Google Scholar
- 17.Presidential Decree No. 899 as of July 7, 2011 “On approval of the priority directions of science and technology development in the Russian Federation and the list of critical technologies of the Russian Federation.”Google Scholar