Arylation of adamantanamines: VII. Copper(I)-catalyzed N-heteroarylation of adamantane-containing amines with halopyridines
- 81 Downloads
Copper(I)-catalyzed N-heteroarylation of a wide series of adamantane-containing amines with 2-bromo- and 2- and 3-iodopyridines was studied. The corresponding N-pyridyl derivatives were formed in all cases, but iodopyridines were considerably more reactive. The best results were obtained with the catalytic system CuI-2-(2-methyl-1-oxopropyl)cyclohexanone-DMF which ensured up to 90% yield of the target products. The yield of N-pyridyl derivatives also depended on the steric environment of the amino group in the initial adamantane-containing amine. The yield of the heteroarylation products can be considerably increased using excess iodopyridine. The reaction of 2-(adamantan-1-yl)ethanamine with 2,6-dibromopyridine successfully afforded the corresponding diamine, and N,N′-dipyridyl derivatives were obtained in high yields from 2,2′-(adamantane-1,3-diyl)diethanamine.
KeywordsCatalytic System Cyclohexanone BINOL Triphenylphosphine Oxide Cesium Carbonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Anokhin, M.V., Averin, A.D., and Beletskaya, I.P., Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2011, p. 6240.Google Scholar
- 9.Gilligan, B.S., Veale, J., and Wodak, J., Med. J. Aust., 1970, vol. 2, p. 634.Google Scholar
- 10.Morozov, I.S., Petrov, V.I., and Sergeeva, S.A., Farmakologiya adamantanov (Pharmacology of Adamantanes), Volgograd: Volgogr. Med. Akad., 2001.Google Scholar
- 12.Averin, A.D., Ranyuk, E.R., Golub, S.L., Buryak, A.K., Savelyev, E.N., Orlinson, B.S., Novakov, I.A., and Beletskaya, I.P., Synthesis, 2007, p. 2215.Google Scholar
- 20.Gopalan, B., Thomas, A., and Shah, D.M., PCT Int. Appl. no. WO 2006 090 244, 2006; Chem. Abstr., 2006, vol. 145, no. 292 604.Google Scholar
- 21.Novikov, S.S., Khardin, A.P., Radchenko, S.S., Novakov, I.A., Orlinson, B.S., Blinov, V.F., Gorelov, V.I., and Zamakh, V.P., USSR Inventor’s Certificate no. 682 507, 1978; Chem. Abstr., 1979, vol. 91, no. P 193 887 e.Google Scholar
- 22.Jirgensons, A., Kauss, V., Kalvinsh, I., and Gold, M., Synthesis, 2000, p. 1709.Google Scholar
- 23.Lavrova, L.N., Klimova, N.V., Shmaryan, M.I., Ulyanova, O.V., Vikhlyaev, Yu.I., and Skoldinov, A.P., Zh. Org. Khim., 1974, vol. 10, p. 761.Google Scholar
- 26.Novakov, I.A., Orlinson, B.S., Savel’ev, E.N., Potaenkova, E.A., and Shilin, A.K., Russian Patent no. 2 495 020, 2013.Google Scholar