Hydrogenation of Ketones and Esters Catalyzed by Pd/C‒SiO2
- 23 Downloads
Hydrogenation of unsaturated ketones and esters with molecular hydrogen on the 5%Pd/C‒SiO2 heterogeneous catalyst has been studied. The reaction direction and yield are determined by the starting compounds structure. Hydrogenation of unsaturated ketones containing phenyl group at the double carbon–carbon atom is accompanied by the reduction of the ketone group into the alcohol one. Hydrogenation of unsaturated esters is accompanied by transesterification.
Keywordsheterogeneous catalysis carbon-silica carrier hydrogenation unsaturated ketones unsaturated esters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lisitsyn, A.S., Parmon, V.I., Dublyakin, V.K., and Likholobov, V.A., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2006, vol. 50, no. 4, p. 140.Google Scholar
- 6.Pan, Z. and Sha, Y., Catalysis (A), 2003, vol. 252, no. 2, p. 347. doi 10.1016/S0926-860X(03)00471-XGoogle Scholar
- 14.Akchurin, T.I., Baibulatova, N.Z., Buranbaeva, R.S., and Dokichev, V.A., Bash. Khim. Zh., 2016, vol. 23, no. 4, p. 27.Google Scholar
- 15.Obadashyan, G.V. and Shvets, V.F., Laboratornyi praktikum po khimii i tekhnologii osnovnogo organicheskogo i neftekhimicheskogo sinteza (Laboratory Workshop on Chemistry and Technology of Basic Organic and Petrochemical Synthesis), Moscow: Khimiya, 1992, p. 81.Google Scholar
- 16.Svoistva organicheskikh soedinenii. Spravochnik (Properties of Organic Compounds. Handbook), Potekhin, A.A., Ed., Leningrad: Khimiya, 1984.Google Scholar
- 17.Dictionary of Organic Compoumds, New York: Chapman and Hall, 1982, vol. 2, p. 2330, vol. 5, p. 4791.Google Scholar
- 18.Beilshteins Handbuch der Organischen Chemie, 1949, Erg. 2, p. 339; 1960, Erg. 3, p. 646.Google Scholar