Simulation and synthesis of graphene oxide from expanded graphite
- 75 Downloads
Expanded graphite oxide and multilayered graphene oxide have been synthesized. The processes of thermal expansion of intercalated graphite and oxidation of graphene have been simulated. Thermal expansion of intercalated graphite and its oxidation into graphite oxide have been studied by a set of physico-chemical methods. Quantum-chemical simulation has revealed that the edge atoms of the graphene layers appearing during thermal expansion are the most active in the reactions of graphene oxidation.
Keywordsexpanded graphite graphite oxide quantum-chemical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dowell, M.B., Book of Abstracts of 12th Bien. Conf. Carbon, 1975, p. 31.Google Scholar
- 2.Fialkov, A.S., Uglerod, mezhsloevye soedineniya i kompozity na ego osnove (Carbon, Interlayer Compounds and Composites Based on It), Moscow Aspekt-Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Zav’yalov, D.E., Zybina, O.A., Chernova, N.S., Varlamov, A.V., and Mnatsakanov, S.S., Khim. Prom–t’, 2009, vol. 86, no. 8, p. 414.Google Scholar
- 13.Hohenberg, P. and Kohn, W., Phys. Rev. B, 1964, vol. 136, no. 3, p. B864.Google Scholar
- 14.Kohn, W. and Sham, L., Phys. Rev. A, 1965, vol. 140, no. 4, p. A1133.Google Scholar
- 17.Mueller, M., Fundamentals of Quantum Chemistry. Molecular Spectroscopy and Modern Electronic Structure Computation, New York Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.Google Scholar
- 19.Levine, I.N., Physical Chemistry, New York McGraw-Hill, 2009.Google Scholar