Extraction-spectrophotometric and theoretical (Hartree-Fock) investigations of a ternary complex of iron(II) with 4-nitrocatechol and 2,3,5-triphenyl-2H-tetrazolium
- 35 Downloads
The complex formation and solvent extraction were studied in a system containing iron(II), 4- nitrocatechol (4NC), 2,3,5-triphenyl-2H-tetrazolium chloride (TTC), water, and chloroform. Under the optimum conditions, the extracted complex has a composition of 1 : 1 : 2 (Fe-4NC-TTC) and could be represented with the formula (TT+)2[FeII(4NC2–)(OH)2]. Theoretical calculations were performed at the HF/3- 21G* level in order to elucidate the geometric structure of the complex and electron distribution according to the crystal field theory. The results showed that the most stable configuration is tetrahedral low-spin structure. Some equilibrium constants (association, distribution, and extraction) and characteristics (absorption maximum, molar absorption coefficient, recovery factor, Beer’s law limits, etc.) concerning the application potential of the studied extraction-chromogenic system were determined.
Keywordsiron(II) 4-nitrobenzene-1,2-diol liquid–liquid extraction ion association HF calculations groundstate optimizations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gavazov, K.B., Acta Chim. Slov., 2012, Vol. 59, No. 1, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.Spaapen, L.J.M., Verhagen, J., Veldink, G.A., and Vliegenthart, J.F.G., BBA: Lipids Lipid Metab., 1980, Vol. 617, No. 1, p. 132. DOI: 10.1016/0005-2760(80)90230-1.Google Scholar
- 5.Tyson, C.A., J. Biol. Chem., 1975, Vol. 250, No. 5, p. 1765.Google Scholar
- 11.Hakkinen, P., Finn. Chem. Lett., 1984, Vol. 3, p. 59.Google Scholar
- 13.Gavazov, K., Stefanova T., and Toncheva, G., J. Chem. Technol. Metall., 2013, Vol. 48, No. 6, p. 642.Google Scholar
- 14.Nepal, J.K. and Dubey, S.N., Indian J. Chem., Sect. A, 1986, Vol. 25, No. 5, p. 485.Google Scholar
- 17.Xie, T., Brockner, W., and Gjikaj, M., Z. Naturforsch., Teil B, 2009, Vol. 64, No. 9, p. 989.Google Scholar
- 22.Buttrus, N.H., Alyass, J.M., and Mohammad, A.F., J. Chem. Chem. Eng., 2013, Vol. 7, p. 613.Google Scholar
- 27.Zhiming, Z., Dongsten, M., and Cunxiao, Y., J. Rare Earths, 1997, Vol. 15, No. 3, p. 216.Google Scholar