Near-infrared photosensitizers based on nanostructured forms of phthalocyanine derivatives
- 70 Downloads
The research is devoted to development and study of photosensitizers on a base of injectable nanoparticular formulations of phthalocyanine derivatives absorbing at long wavelength (near-infrared) range of 710–740 nm: Thiosens [liposomal form of aluminum hydroxide 1,8,15,22-tetrakis(phenylsulfanyl)phthalocyanine] and Octasens [polymeric micellar form of zinc 1,4,8,11,15,18,22,25-octachloro-2,3,9,10,16,17,23,24-octakis-(decylsulfanyl)phthalocyanine based on domestic poloxamer Emuxol-268]. Experiments have shown that the photosensitizers under study show high selectivity of accumulation and prolonged retaining at high concentration in tumor, relatively fast clearance from normal tissue and high therapeutic efficiency of photodynamic treatment on model tumors.
KeywordsGeneral Chemistry Phthalocyanine Photodynamic Therapy Lewis Lung Carcinoma Liposomal Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Meerovich, I.G., Meerovich, G.A., Oborotova, N.A., and Baryshnikov, A.Yu., Russ. Biotherap. Zh., 2006, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 93–97.Google Scholar
- 2.Meerovich, I.G., Stratonnikov, A.A., Meerovich, G.A., et al., Proc. SPIE, 2005, vol. 5973, p. 59730H1–H10.Google Scholar
- 3.Russian Patent no. 2 257 898, issued 10.08.2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Russian Patent no. 2 340 615, issued 10.12.2008.Google Scholar
- 5.Sanarova, E.V., Cand. Sci. (Pharm.) Dissertation, Moscow, 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Meerovich, I.G., Oborotova, N.A., Smirnova, Z.S., Baryshnikov, A.Yu., Meerovich, G.A., Loshchenov, V.B., Derkacheva, V.M., Luk’yanets, E.A., and Vorozhtsov, G.N., Abstracts of Papers, Rusnanotech-08, Int. Nanotechnology Forum, St. Peperspurg, 3–5.12.2008, vol. 2, pp. 416–418.Google Scholar
- 7.Loschenov, V.B., Konov, V.I., and Prokhorov, A.M., Laser Physics, 2000, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1188–1207.Google Scholar
- 9.Margolis, L.B. and Bergelson, L.D., Liposomy i ikh vzaimodeistvie s kletkami (Liposomes and Their Interaction with Cells), Moscow: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar