Molecular polarizability of the organic substances and their complexes: LX. Molecular volume and spatial structure of the series of heterocycles, their structurally nonrigid derivatives, and chromium tricarbonyl π-complexes in solutions
We have analyzed the molar volumes and structures in solutions of a series of azines, azoles, conformationally nonrigid bis(2-substituted benzimidazol-1-yl)methanes, and chromium tricarbonyl complexes of arenes. For most of the compounds, the rules of molar volume additivity with respect to the bonds and groups increments hold. Molecules of bis(2-substituted benzimidazol-1-yl)methanes exist in the form of conrotatory comformers with aryl fragments being out of the plane of bridging NCN bond angle. Strong linear correlations between the molar volume and molar refraction have been revealed within the studied compounds classes. In the case of chromium tricarbonyl complexes of arenes, the coordination bond polarity has increased with growing π-donor ability of the ligand, the molar volume increment of Cr(CO)3 has increased as well, due to transfer of π-electron density from the ligand. The simplification of dipole moment and Kerr constant determination has been demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Potekhin, A.A., Spravochnik. Svoistva organicheskikh soedinenii. (Properties of Organic Solvents. A Handbook.), Lenigrad: Khimiya, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Burdastykh, T.V., Candidate Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Rostov-on-Don, 2008.Google Scholar
- 6.Hurle, J. and Le Fevre, R.J.W., J. Chem. Soc. (B), 1967, no. 8, p. 824.Google Scholar
- 7.Ivanskii, V.I., Khimiya geterotsiklicheskikh soedinenii (Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.Bulgarevich, S.B., Bolotnikov, V.S., Sheinker, V.N., Osipov, O.A., and Garnovskii, A.D., Zh. Org. Khim., 1976, vol. 12, no. 1, p. 197.Google Scholar
- 9.Bolotnikov, V.S., Candidate Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Rostov-on-Don, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Bolotnikov, V.S., Lifintseva, T.V., Bulgarevich, S.B., Sheinker, Osipov, O.A., and Garnovskii, A.D., Zh. Org. Khim., 1976, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 416.Google Scholar
- 11.Bulgarevich, S.B., Gruntfest, M.D., Movshovich, D.Ya., Bobosic, V., Claramunt, R.M., Lopez, C., and Elguero, J., J. Mol. Struct., 1992, no. 274, p. 197.Google Scholar
- 13.Garnovskii, A.D., Sadimenko, A.P., Uraev, A.I., Vasil’chenko, I.S., and Garnovskii, D.A., Koord. Khim., 2000. vol. 26, no. 5, p. 334.Google Scholar
- 15.Le Fevre, C.G., Le Fevre, R.J.W., Purnachanda Rao, B., and Smith, M.R., J. Chem. Soc., 1959, no. 3, p. 1188.Google Scholar
- 16.Vereshchagin, A.I., Polyarizuemost’ molekul (Molecules Molecules Polarizability), Moscow, Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar