Binuclear Cyclic Silver(I) Complex with the Anion of 4-[(2-Diphenylphosphanylphenyl)methyleneamino]benzoic Acid: Synthesis, Structure, and Optical Properties
- 11 Downloads
4-[(2-Diphenylphosphanylphenyl)methyleneamino]benzoic acid (HL) is obtained by the condensation of o-diphenylphosphinobenzaldehyde and p-aminobenzoic acid. The reaction of AgNO3 and HL affords complex [Ag2L2] · H2O (I). The structure of complex I is determined by X-ray structure analysis (CIF file CCDC 1575064), and its reflectance and luminescence spectra are studied. Binuclear complex I is a cyclic molecule in which each of two silver(I) atoms coordinates one phosphorus atom and one oxygen atom of two bridging anions L. Compound I is characterized by emission in a range of 430–740 nm at λexc = 340 and 395 nm.
KeywordsSchiff bases silver complex structure luminescence properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pomogailo, A.D. and Dzhardimalieva, G.I. Monomernye i polimernye karboksilaty metallov (Monomeric and Polymeric Metal Carboxylates), Moscow: Fizmat, 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.Metal Complexes and Metals in Macromolecules, Wohrle, D. and Pomogailo, A.D., Eds., New York: Wiley, 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.SMART (control) and SAINT (integration) Software. Version 5.0, Madison: Bruker AXS Inc., 1997.Google Scholar
- 12.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS. Program for Scanning and Correction of Area Detector Data, Göttingen: Univ. of Göttingen, 2004.Google Scholar
- 14.Nomiya, K. and Yokoyama, H., Dalton Trans., 2002, p. 2483.Google Scholar
- 15.Molecular Structure by Diffraction Methods, Sim, G.A. and Sutton, L.E., Eds., London: Chemical Society, 1972.Google Scholar
- 16.Nakamoto, K., Infrared Spectra and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, New York: Wiley, 1986.Google Scholar