Determining the Positions of Seismically Active Faults in Platform Regions Based on the Integrated Profile Observations
- 3 Downloads
By the examples of the Roslavl’skii, Grafskii, and Platava–Varvarinskii faults, the possibility is demonstrated of mapping the geological objects by the measurement algorithm that includes successively measuring the spectra of microseisms at the points of the measurement network by movable instruments and statistical accumulation of the ratios of the power spectra of the amplitudes. Based on this technique, the positions of these seismically active faults are determined by the integrated profile observations of the parameters of microseismic and radon fields. The refined positions of the faults can be used in estimating the seismic impacts on the critical objects in the vicinity of these faults.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chepkunas, L.S., Levshenko, V.T., and Lopanchuk, A.A., Analysis of instrumental data for the Tambov, December 30, 1954 earthquake, Izv., Phys. Solid Earth, 2003, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 315–325.Google Scholar
- Levshenko, V.T. and Grigoryan, A.G., The determination of faults position in crystal platform regions using data of complex investigations (example of the Roslavlsky fault), Geofiz. Issled., 2015, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 55–62.Google Scholar
- Levshenko, V.T. and Yunga, S.L., Directions of study, REA, Geologiya Izyskaniya, 2012, no. 8, pp. 12–15.Google Scholar
- Nikolaev, A.V., Rudakov, V.P., Voitov, G.I., et al., On radon field of the organomineral layer of oil-and-gas-bearing structures (by the example of the Ostashkovichskoe oil field, Belorusiya, Dokl. Earth Sci., 1994, no. 4, pp. 529–532.Google Scholar
- Tatevossian, R.E., Macroseismic aspects of seismic hazard, Extended Abstract of Doct. Sci. (Phys.–Math.) Dissertation, Moscow: Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2004.Google Scholar
- Voitov, G.I., Monitoring of Atmospheric Radon in the Subsoils of Seismically Active Regions of Central Asia, Izv., Phys. Solid Earth, 1998, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 23–32.Google Scholar
- Yudakhin, F.N., Antonovskaya, G.N., Shakhova, E.V., and Kapustyan, N.K., New technique for detailed seismic survey of the medium in case of placement of critical objects, in Tekhnogennaya seismichnost’ pri gornykh rabotakh: modeli ochagov, prognoz, profilaktika (Anthropogenic Seismicity at Mining: Source Models, Forecasting, Protection), part 1, Apatity: KNTs RAN, 2004, pp. 201–208.Google Scholar