Ray Tracing Methods in Seismic Emission Tomography
- 5 Downloads
Highly efficient approximate ray tracing techniques which can be used in seismic emission tomography and in other methods requiring a large number of raypaths are described. The techniques are applicable for the gradient and plane-layered velocity sections of the medium and for the models with a complicated geometry of contrasting boundaries. The empirical results obtained with the use of the discussed ray tracing technologies and seismic emission tomography results, as well as the results of numerical modeling, are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aleksandrov, S.I., Mishin, V.A., and Burov, D.I., Problems of borehole and surface microseismic hydrofrac monitoring, Ekspozitsiya Neft’ Gaz, 2015, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 58–63.Google Scholar
- Chebotareva, I.Ya., Algorithm of seismic emission tomography in case of spatial decorrelation of the signal, Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Obl. Univ., Ser. Estestv. Nauki, 2011a, no. 1, pp. 101–107.Google Scholar
- Chebotareva, I.Ya., Structure and dynamics of the geological medium in the seismic noise fields: methods and empirical results, in Akustika neodnorodnykh sred. Ezhegodnik Rossiiskogo akusticheskogo obshchestva (Acoustics of Heterogeneous Media, Yearbook of the Russian Acoustic Society), vol. 12, Moscow: GEOS, 2012, pp. 141–146.Google Scholar
- Chebotareva, I.Ya., Locating of refraction point at the interfaces of complex geometry under a three-dimensional ray tracing, Vopr. Radioelektron., 2017a, no. 3, pp. 124–127.Google Scholar
- Nikolaev, A.V., Troitskii, P.A, and Chebotareva, I.Ya., USSR Inventor’s Certificate no. 1000962, 1983.Google Scholar
- Nikolaev, A.V., Troitskii, P.A, and Chebotareva, I.Ya., Studying the lithosphere based on seismic noise, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1986, vol. 282, no. 9, pp. 586–591.Google Scholar
- Shmakov, F.D., Surface microseismic monitoring of hydraulic fracture: data processing and interpretation, Tekhnol. Seismorazvedki, 2012, no. 3, pp. 65–72.Google Scholar
- Stupina, T. and Kulakov, I., Complexity–structure-based approach to studying the range of applicability of the PROFIT algorithm, in Int. Book Series “Information Science and Computing,” 2009, pp. 79–85. The paper is selected from XVth International Conference “Knowledge-Dialogue-Solution” KDS-2 2009, Kyiv, Ukraine, October 2009. http://foibg.com/ibs_isc/ibs-15/ibs-15-p10.pdf.Google Scholar
- Um, J. and Thurber, C., A fast algorithm for two-point seismic ray tracing, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 1987, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 972–986.Google Scholar