Reprocessing of Irradiated [18O]H2O under the Conditions of a PET Center
- 8 Downloads
The possibility of reprocessing of irradiated [18O]H2O after isolation of [18F]fluoride ion from it (regenerate) under the conditions of the cyclotron-radiochemical laboratory of an operating PET center was examined. The radionuclide and chemical composition of [18O]H2O and the degree of its enrichment in 18O before and after distillation at atmospheric pressure were studied comprehensively. The suggested method allows efficient removal of long-lived γ-emitting radionuclides (56Co, 57Co, 58Co, 65Zn, 54Mn, 51Cr) from the [18O]H2O regenerate. The distillation reduces the content of residual solvents (acetaldehyde, acetone, isopropanol, ethanol, acetonitrile), whereas the content of 3H and 18O in [18O]H2O changes within the measurement uncertainty. The distillation residues and decontamination solutions after neutralization can be jointly cemented to incorporate the γ-emitters into a compact matrix with the aim of its subsequent delivery to specialized organizations performing long-term storage and disposal of solid radioactive waste.
Keywords[18O]H2O regenerate [18F]fluoride long-lived radionuclides radiopharmaceuticals distillation tritium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Brinkevich, S.D., Sukonko, L.G., Chizh, G.V., and Naumovich, A.S., Med.-Biol. Probl. Zhiznedeyat., 2013, no. 10, pp. 129–137.Google Scholar
- 3.Brinkevich, D.I., Brinkevich, S.D., Baranovskii, O.A., et al., Med. Fiz., 2018, no. 1, pp. 80–88.Google Scholar
- 5.Al Rayyes, A.H., Nukleonika, 2010, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 401–405.Google Scholar
- 9.Cole, L.G., Patent US 5 531 865, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.Krot, V.O., Tugai, O.V., Brinkevich, D.I., et al., Vestn. Polotsk. Gos. Univ., 2018, no. 4, pp. 80–86.Google Scholar
- 13.Bazanov, A.V. and Blinichev, V.N., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Ser.: Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2007, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 112–114.Google Scholar
- 14.Reichardt, Ch., Solvents and Solvent Effects in Organic Chemistry, Weinheim: VCH, 1988.Google Scholar
- 17.Firestone, R.B. and Shirley, V.S., Table of Radioactive Isotopes, New York: Wiley, 1988.Google Scholar
- 21.Requirements to ensuring radiation safety of the staff and population in radioactive waste management, Sanitary Rules and Regulations, Approved by the Decision of the Ministry of Public Health of the Belarus Republic no. 142 of Dec. 31, 2015.Google Scholar