Analytical study of the quality of links established by the neighborhood discovery protocol
- 59 Downloads
The link management mechanism of Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP), which is a part of the known protocol of Optimized Link-State Routing in wireless mobile ad-hoc networks, is investigated. The analytical model of NHDP is developed. This model allows to estimate both the average link lifetime and the probability of link opening at the assigned values of probability of successful transmission over the link and protocol parameters. The method of adjusting NHDP parameters, which is based on the developed model, has been proposed.
KeywordsMedium Access Control Successful Transmission Efficiency Index Link State Link Opening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Jacquet, and T. Clausen, “Optimized Link State Routing Protocol (OLSR),” http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt
- 2.R. Ogier, F. Templin, and M. Lewis, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3684
- 3.C. Perkins, E. Belding-Royer, and S. Das, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3561
- 4.IEEE Std 802.11-2007 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.11-1999), IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications. Amendment: Mesh Networking (IEEE, New York, 2011).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, and J. Dean, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6130
- 7.M. Voorhaen and C. Blondia, “Analyzing the Impact of Neighbor Sensing on the Performance of the OLSR Protocol,” in Proceedings 4th Int. Symp. on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt06), Boston, Massachusetts, Apr. 3–7, 2006 (IEEE, New York, 2011), pp. 260–265.Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Kir’yanov, A. I. Lyakhov, A. A. Safonov, and E. M. Khorov, “Evaluation Procedure of Connection Control Mechanism in Self-Organizing Wireless Networks,” Avtom. Telemekh., No. 5, 39–56 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications (Wiley, New York, 1967; Mir, Moscow, 1967), Vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 13.IEEE Std 802.11-2007 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.11-1999), IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications (IEEE, New York, 2007).Google Scholar