Kinetics of the Embedding of a High-Speed Striker upon Collision with a Protective Screen
Screen protection of spacecraft from a high-speed elongated striker, which is equivalent to the most dangerous pieces of space debris, has been investigated. The kinetics of the penetration of an elongated striker into the barrier after passing through the screen protection has been analyzed. It has been shown that the efficiency of destabilization of an elongated high-speed striker on metal screens is determined by the partial evaporation of the striker and the screen interacting at speeds of 7–8 km/s.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IADC-04-03 v. 7, Protection Manual (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.E. L. Christiansen, Meteoroid/debris Shielding, TP-2003-210788 (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, 2003), p.114.Google Scholar
- 7.www.ihed.ras.ru/rusbank/.Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Zharkov, A. L. Misonochnikov, B. V. Rumyantsev, and V. E. Fortov, Irregular Reflection of Conically Converging Shock Waves (OIKhF, Chernogolovka, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.D. V. Minakov, Calculation of Thermodynamical Properties of Dense Metal Plasma (OIVT RAN, Moscow, 2015), p. 96 [in Russian].Google Scholar