Investigation of dynamic resistance to the shear of water-saturated sand according to the results of the inverse experiment technique
- 17 Downloads
The results of an investigation of the shear resistance for compacted dry and water-saturated sand are presented on the basis of the experimental-calculation analysis of the drag force at the quasi-stationary penetration stage of a cylindrical impactor. We used a method proposed earlier based on the inverse experiment technique and using a measuring rod with a flat end. It is shown that with almost the complete water saturation of sand its shear properties decrease but remain significant in the practically important range of penetration rates.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Lagunov and V. A. Stepanov, Prikl. Mat. Teor. Fiz., No. 1, 88 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.M. D. Dianov, N. A. Zlatin, S. M. Mochalov, et al., Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett. 2, 207 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Balandin and A. M. Bragov, in Applied Problems of Strength and Plasticity. Solving Methods, Interschool Collection of Articles (Nizhegor. Gos. Univ., Nizh. Novgorod, 1991), p. 101 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. N. Dremin and I. A. Karpukhin, Prikl. Mat. Teor. Fiz., No. 3, 184 (1963).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Tyas and Z. Ozdemir, Phil. Trans._R. Soc. A 37 (2), 1 (2014).Google Scholar