Effect of a strong electric field on the high-frequency properties of a helical quantum wire
- 33 Downloads
New properties are predicted for a helical quantum wire (HQW) that must be manifested under the action of a constant electric field that produces a kind of quantization of the electron energy spectrum. As a result, the spectrum acquires a miniband structure inherent in quantum superlattices. The high-frequency properties of an HQW are studied. A threshold dependence of the high-frequency conductivity of the HQW on the strength of the applied constant electric field is established.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Ya. Shik, L. G. Bakueva, S. F. Musikhin, and S. A. Rykov, Physics of Low-Dimension Systems (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Suris and I. A. Dmitriev, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 173, 769 (2003) [Phys. Usp. 46, 745 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Entin and L. I. Magarill, Phys. Rev. B 66, 205308 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.L. I. Magarill and M. V. Entin, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 123, 867 (2003) [JETP 100, 766 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Magarill and M. V. Entin, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 78, 249 (2003) [JETP Lett. 78, 213 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 8.O. V. Kibis, D. G. W. Parfitt, and M. E. Portnoi, Phys. Rev. B 71, 035411 (2005).Google Scholar