Influence of the adiabatic index on switching between different types of shock wave reflection in a steady supersonic gas flow
- 72 Downloads
A comprehensive pattern of different types of shock wave reflection in a steady supersonic gas flow is analytically constructed with regard to a new wave configuration found by the authors-negative-angle irregular reflection. A double Mach reflection with a negative reflection angle in a steady supersonic gas flow is numerically obtained for the first time.
KeywordsShock Wave Triple Point Adiabatic Index Mach Reflection Shock Wave Reflection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Courant and K. O. Friedrichs, Supersonic Flows and Shock Waves (Intersicence, New York, 1948).Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Gvozdeva, N. B. Sherbak, A. Chpoun, and D. Passerel, in Proceedings of the 20th International Symposiun on Shock Waves, Pasadena, California, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.M. S. Ivanov, A. N. Kudryavtsev, S. B. Nikiforov, and D. V. Khotyanovskii, Aeromekh. Gaz. Din., No. 3, 3 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.L. G. Gvozdeva, “Conditions of instability of three shock configuration in steady flows,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Shock Interaction Symposium ISIS-19, Moscow, 2010.Google Scholar
- 10.L. G. Gvozdeva, V. L. Borsch, and S. A. Gavrenkov, in Proceedings of the 28th International Symposium on Shock Waves, Manchester, 2011.Google Scholar
- 12.L. G. Gvozdeva and S. A. Gavrenkov, Physics of Extreme States of Matter-2012 (Inst. Probl. Khim. Fiz., Chernogolovka, 2012), pp. 57–59.Google Scholar
- 13.S. A. Gavrenkov and L. G. Gvozdeva, Physics of Extreme States of Matter, 2012 (Inst. Probl. Khim. Fiz., Chernogolovka, 2012), pp. 59–61.Google Scholar
- 15.J. von Neumann, “Oblique reflection of shock waves,” Collected Works of J. Von Neumann (Pergamon, Oxford, 1963), Vol. 6, pp. 238–299.Google Scholar
- 16.T. V. Bazhenova and L. G. Gvozdeva, Unsteady Interactions of Shock Waves (Nauka, Moscow, 1977).Google Scholar