Parameter optimization of solar modules based on lens concentrators of radiation and cascade photovoltaic converters
- 66 Downloads
Two main issues governing the design of a solar concentrator module with triple-junction nano-heterostructure photovoltaic converters (PVCs) are considered: the effective concentration of radiation using Fresnel lenses and effective heat removal from PVCs. By theoretically and experimentally simulating these processes, the design parameters of module’ s elements are determined. A test batch of full-size modules has been fabricated. Each module consists of a front panel of small-size Fresnel lenses (a total of 144 lenses arranged as a 12 × 12 array) and the corresponding number of multilayer InGaP/GaAs/Ge PVCs. The PVCs are mounted on heat-distributing plates and are also integrated into a panel. The efficiency of the concentrator module with a 0.5 × 0.5-m entrance aperture measured under outdoor conditions is 24.3%, which is more than twice as high as the efficiency of standard (concentrator-free) silicon modules. In smaller test modules, the efficiency corrected for the PVC standard temperature (25° C) reaches 26.5%.
KeywordsFocal Spot Copper Plate Solar Power Focal Distance Concentrator Module
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A Strategic Research Agenda for Photovoltaic Solar Energy Technology; http://www.eupvplatform.org/
- 3.V. M. Andreev, V. A. Grilikhes, and V. D. Rumyantsev, Photoelectric Conversion of Concentrated Solar Radiation (Nauka, Leningrad, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Zh. I. Alferov, V. M. Andreev, and V. D. Rumyantsev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 38, 937 (2004) [Semiconductors 38, 899 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Andreev, V. D. Rumyantsev, V. M. Lantratov, M. Z. Shvarts, N. A. Kalyuzhnyi, and S. A. Mintairov, in Proceedings of the 1st International Forum on Nano-technology (Rusnanotech)’ 08), Moscow, 2008, Vol. 1, pp. 360–362.Google Scholar
- 10.B. D. Rumyntsev, O. I. Chosta, V. A. Grilikhes, N. A. Sadchikov, A. A. Soluyanov, M. Z. Shvarts, and V. M. Andreev, in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), New Orleans, 2002, pp. 1596–1599.Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Rumyantsev, N. A. Sadchikov, A. E. Chalov, E. A. Ionova, D. J. Friedman, and G. Glenn, in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, Hawaii, 2006}Google Scholar