Photonic-crystal properties of a 1D longitudinally magnetized periodic structure
- 42 Downloads
Features of propagation of circularly polarized waves in a plane-layer periodic longitudinally magnetized ferromagnet—dielectric structure are studied. Dispersion relations and reflection coefficients are obtained, and frequency dependences of the Bloch wavenumber and reflection coefficients are constructed for natural waves of the periodic structure under investigation. The dependences of the polarization plane rotation angle in the polar Kerr effect on the frequency and the ratio of the thicknesses of layers over a period are constructed for various numbers of periods in the structure.
KeywordsPhotonic Crystal Reflection Coefficient Periodic Structure Polarization Plane Magnetic Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and A. P. Tetervov, High-Frequency Properties of Semiconductors with Superlattices (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Bulgakov and O. V. Shramkova, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 34, 712 (2000) [Semiconductors 34, 686 (2000)].Google Scholar
- 4.I. L. Lyubchanskii, N. N. Dadoenkova, M. I. Lyubchanskii, E. A. Shapovalov, and Th. Rasing, in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Symposium on IEEE/LEOS Benelux Chapter, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands, 2003, p. 261.Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Kalish and V. I. Belotelov, Uch. Zap., Kaz. Gos. Univ. 148(1), 129 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Kosobukin, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 48, 2089 (2006) [Phys. Solid State 48, 2909 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Sementsov and M. M. Stepanov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 50, 431 (2008) [Phys. Solid State 50, 446 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 8.I. B. Vendik, O. G. Vendik, and M. S. Gashinova, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 32(10), 30 (2006) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 32, 429 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 9.S. V. Eliseeva and D. I. Sementsov, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 75(7), 106 (2005) [Tech. Phys. 50, 924 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 10.A. G. Gurevich, Magnetic Resonance in Ferrites and Antiferromagnets (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 4th ed. (Pergamon, Oxford, 1969; Nauka, Moscow, 1970).Google Scholar