Kinetics of ions in a neutral gas upon abrupt application of an electric field. II: Various models of interaction
- 31 Downloads
A new method for calculating the matrix elements of the collision integral in the Boltzmann equation is used for studying the behavior of an ion impurity upon an abrupt application of an electric field. For five models of interaction, the behavior of mobility is analyzed and the evolution of the distribution function for various values of the electric field is illustrated. The initial stage of runaway of ions is studied in the case of the Coulomb interaction. Two methods for improving the convergence of the polynomial expansions of the distribution function are considered.
KeywordsCoulomb Interaction Scatter Cross Section Moment Method Hard Sphere Model Moment System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Ya. Ender and I. A. Ender, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 80(2), 8 (2010) [Tech. Phys. 55, 166 (2010)].Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ya. Ender and I. A. Ender, Collision Integral of the Boltzmann Equation and Moment Method (St. Peterb. Gos. Univ., St. Petersburg, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. M. Kagan and V. I. Perel’, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 98, 575 (1954).Google Scholar
- 11.L. A. Bakaleinikov, A. Ya. Ender, and I. A. Ender, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 76(9), 6 (2006) [Tech. Phys. 51, 1110 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 12.E. A. Tropp, L. A. Bakaleinikov, A. Ya. Ender, and I. A. Ender, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 73(9), 12 (2003) [Tech. Phys. 48, 1090 (2003)].Google Scholar