Increasing adhesion of metallic films to silicon by ion bombardment during growth
- 31 Downloads
Intense ion bombardment at the initial stage of film growth is used to increase the adhesion of nickel and vanadium films to silicon. The films are deposited by rf magnetron sputtering when a bias potential is applied to a substrate. The adhesion of metallic films to silicon is substantially increased due to active mixing of the contacting materials and the formation of a transition layer with a concentration gradient. A correlation between the adhesion of the films and their crystalline state is revealed.
PACS numbers68.35.Np 68.55.Jk 81.15.-z
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Vereshchaka and I. P. Tret’yakov, Cutting Tool with Wear-Resisting Coatings (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1986), p. 41 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Muminov, A. V. Karimov, Kh. Kh. Ismailov, and B. I. Zaveryukhin, Poverkhnost’, No. 10, 92 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Naumov, V. F. Bochkarev, O. S. Trushin, A. A. Goryachev, E. G. Khasanov, A. A. Lebedev, and A. S. Kunitsyn, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 71(8), 92 (2001) [Tech. Phys. 46, 1020 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Kostrzhitskii, V. F. Karpov, M. P. Kabanchenko, and O. N. Solov’eva, Operator’s Manual for Vacuum-Coating Devices (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1991), p. 113 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Naumov, V. F. Bochkarev, A. A. Goryachev, A.S. Kunitsyn, E. I. Il’yashenko, P. E. Goa, and T. Kh. Iokhansen, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 74(4), 48 (2004) [Tech. Phys. 49, 426 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook of Physical Quantities, Ed. by I. S. Grigoriev and E. Z. Meilikhov (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991; CRC, Boca Raton, 1997), pp. 48, 412.Google Scholar