Effect of Ultrafine-Grained Structure of a Material on the Strength Characteristics of an Aluminum Alloy upon Impact Loads
- 48 Downloads
An increase in the velocities of automobile and aerospace transport and, simultaneously, the necessary of decreasing their masses increase the requirements to the operating reliability of used materials and constructions. In this case, the operation of a material under dynamic impact loads remains in nonnormative ranges. This work presents a comprehensive technique of studying and predicting the behavior of materials under conditions of dynamic tension. A possibility of increasing the strength properties of materials by severe plastic deformation (SPD) in a wide range of varying parameters of external loads and the fi-xation of these changes in the framework of the proposed technique is demonstrated using Al–Mg and Al‒Cu–Mg aluminum alloys as examples.
The mechanical and structural studies were performed using the equipment of the Laboratory “Mechanics of advanced bulk nanomaterials for innovative engineering applications” of St. Petersburg State University, the Resource Centers of the Research Park of St. Petersburg State University “Study of extreme states of materials and constructions,” “Interdisciplinary Center for Nanotechnology,” and “Centre for X-ray Diffraction Studies.”
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation (project no. 17-79-10145).
- 2.A. M. Bragov and A. K. Lomunov, Prikl. Mat. Tekh. Fiz. 5, 168 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.G. I. Kanel, S. V. Razorenov, A. A. Bogatch, A. V. Utkin, V. E. Fortov, and D. E. Grady, J. Appl. Phys. 20, 467 (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.I. P. Semenova, M. K. Smyslova, K. S. Selivanov, R. R. Valiev, and Y. M. Modina, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 194, 012035 (2017).Google Scholar
- 15.A. A. Kozulin, V. A. Krasnoveikin, V. V. Skripnyak, B. V. Khandaev, and Yu. V. Li, Sovrem. Probl. Nauki Obrazov., No. 6, 888 (2013).Google Scholar
- 19.N. A. Zlatin, S. M. Mochalov, G. S. Pugachev, and A. M. Bragov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 16, 1137 (1974).Google Scholar
- 20.A. D. Evstifeev, A. A. Chevrychkina, and Y. V. Petrov, Mater. Phys. Mech. 32, 258 (2017).Google Scholar
- 21.A. D. Evstifeev, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 991, 012019 (2018).Google Scholar