The Features of GaAs Nanowire SEM Images
The detailed study of GaAs nanowires synthesized by molecular beam epitaxy performed by scanning electron microscopy allowed to reveal the presence of specific contrast in the images obtained. To understand the causes of the phenomenon the transmission electron microscopy of nanowire crystal structure was carried out. The results showed that it could be caused by the segments having polytypic crystal phase. It was also confirmed by the modelling of the electron beam scattering on such nanowire arrays.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Zhang, G. Zheng, and C. M. Lieber, Nanowires (Springer, Switzerland, 2017).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Zhou and Z. L. Wang, Scanning Microscopy for Nanotechnology (Springer Science, New York, 2006).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Timofeeva, A. Bouravleuv, G. E. Cirlin, I. V. Shtrom, I. P. Soshnikov, M. R. Escalé, A. Sergeyev, and R. Grange, Nano Lett. (2016).Google Scholar
- 14.P. B. Hirsch et al., Electron Microscopy of Thin Crystals (Butterworth, London, 1965).Google Scholar
- 19.https://www.oxford-instruments.com.Google Scholar
- 20.M. P. Shaskolskaya, Crystallography (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar