Effect of impurities on the steady component of the current in a quantum wire under the joint action of ac and dc fields
- 27 Downloads
The current flowing along a cylindrical quantum wire with a superlattice in the case of the simultaneous application of dc and ac fields is calculated. It is assumed that the wire contains impurity centers, whose ionization results in the generation of nonequilibrium carriers in the conduction band. It is found that the dependence of the steady component of the current on the ac-field frequency is a step-like function. It is shown that the distance between steps depends on the conduction miniband width and the transverse quantum confinement parameters and is independent of the impurity-level depth.
PACS numbers73.21.Hb 73.21.Cd 73.63.Nm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Grigor’kin and S. M. Dunaevskii, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 22, 557 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Magarill and M. V. Jentin, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 77, 249 (2003) [JETP Lett. 77, 493 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Dmitriev and R. A. Suris, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 36, 1449 (2002) [Semiconductors 36, 1364 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 4.N. G. Galkin, V. A. Margulis, and A. V. Shorohov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 43, 511 (2001) [Phys. Solid State 43, 530 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Margulis, N. F. Pavlova, and A. V. Shorohov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 48, 880 (2006) [Phys. Solid State 48, 935 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. D. Krevchik and A. B. Grunin, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 45, 1272 (2003) [Phys. Solid State 45, 1332 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 7.D. V. Zav’yalov, S. V. Kryuchkov, and N. E. Meweryakova, Opt. Spektrosk. 98, 23 (2005) [Opt. Spectrosc. 98, 20 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 8.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and P. P. Tetervov, High Frequency Properties of the Semiconductors with Superlattices (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. Ya. Demikhovskii and G. A. Vugalter, Physics of the Quantum Nanosize System (Logos, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Pavlovich and E. M. Epshtein, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 18, 1483 (1976) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 18, 864 (1976)].Google Scholar