Nonlinear screening of dust grains and structurization of dusty plasma: II. formation and stability of dust structures
- 52 Downloads
The second part of the review on dust structures (the first part was published in Plasma Phys. Rep. 39, 515 (2013)) is devoted to experimental and theoretical studies on the stability of structures and their formation from the initially uniform dusty plasma components. The applicability limits of theoretical results and the role played by nonlinearity in the screening of dust grains are considered. The importance of nonlinearity is demonstrated by using numerous laboratory observations of planar clusters and volumetric dust structures. The simplest compact agglomerates of dust grains in the form of stable planar clusters are discussed. The universal character of instability resulting in the structurization of an initially uniform dusty plasma is shown. The fundamental correlations described in the first part of the review, supplemented with effects of dust inertia and dust friction by the neutral gas, are use to analyze structurization instability. The history of the development of theoretical ideas on the physics of the cluster formation for different types of interaction between dust grains is described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. M. Ignatov, Bull. Lebedev. Phys. Inst., No. 2, 18 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.G.-L. Le Sage, in Nouveau Mémoires de L’Académie Royale des Sciences et des Belle-Lettres (Decker, Berlin, 1782), p. 404.Google Scholar
- 15.N. G. Gusein-zade, V. N. Tsytovich, and Sh. G. Amiranashvili, Kratk. Soobshch. Fiz., No. 7, 11 (2006).Google Scholar
- 21.Ya. L. Al’pert, A. V. Gurevich, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Space Physics with Artificial Sattelites (Nauka, Moscow, 1964; Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965).Google Scholar
- 30.V. Tsytovich and G. Morfill, MPE Preprint (Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, Garching, 2013).Google Scholar
- 36.V. N. Tsytovich, G. E. Morfill and N. Gusein-zade, in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas, Orlean, 2005, p. 215.Google Scholar
- 39.N. G. Gusein-zade and A. M. Ignatov, Three-Dimensional Structures in Complex Plasmas (MIREA, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 40.G. Ya. Lyubarskii, Theory of Groups and Its Applications in Physics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1958) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 43.Sh. G. Amiranashvili, N. G. Gousein-zade, and V. N. Tsytovich, in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas, Durban, 2002, p. 20.Google Scholar