Application of the Haar Wavelet to the Analysis of Plasma and Atmospheric Fluctuations
- 6 Downloads
The parameters of turbulence measured by means of a Doppler reflectometer at the plasma periphery in an L-2M stellarator and in atmospheric vortices (typhoons and tornadoes) are investigated using the wavelet methods with involvement of the Haar function. The periods of time taken for the transition (a bound of parameters) to occur in the L-2M stellarator plasma and in atmospheric processes are estimated. It is shown that high-and low-frequency oscillations of certain parameters, in particular, pressure, that occur in atmospheric vortices decay or increase at different moments of time, whereas the density fluctuation amplitudes that occur in plasma at different frequencies vary in a synchronous manner.
Keywordswavelet analysis plasma turbulence vortex parameter bounds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.S. A. Maslov, D. G. Vasilkov, Yu. V. Kholnov, and N. N. Skvortsova, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 666, 012009 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.N. M. Astaf’eva, Adv. Phys. Sci. 39, 1085 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.D. V. Nalivkin, Hurricanes, Storms and Tornadoes. Geographical Specialities and Geological Activity (Nauka, Leningrad, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.J. J. Lee, T. M. Samaras, and C. R. Young, https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/81700.pdf.Google Scholar
- 12.Hurricane Irene August 26–27, 2011. http://www. weather.gov/mhx/Aug272011EventReview.Google Scholar
- 13.Land-Based Station Data. National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). www. ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/land-based-station-data.Google Scholar
- 15.N. N. Skvortsova, A. Y. Chirkov, A. A. Kharchevsky, D. V. Malakhov, A. K. Gorshenin, et al., J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 666, 012007 (2016).Google Scholar