Excitation of 111m Cd, 113m In, and 115m In isomeric states by photons of energy up to 8 MeV
Experimental results on the excitation of isomeric nuclear states in the reactions 111Cd(γ, γ′)111m Cd, 113In(γ, γ′)113m In, and 115In(γ, γ′)115m In studied by the activation method at photon energies of up to 8 MeV are presented. The respective experiments were performed at the LUE-8 linear electron accelerator of the Institute for Nuclear Research (INR, Moscow). A method for calculating cross sections per equivalent photon was developed with the aid of a simulation on the basis of the GEANT-4 code. The data obtained in this way are discussed from the point of view of the possibility of studying collective nuclear excitations of various multipolarity near the threshold.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. S. Ishkhanov, I. M. Kapitonov, E. V. Shirokov, et al., Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci.: Phys. 62, 755 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Habs, M M. Günther, M. Jentschel, et al., arXiv: 1201.4466v1.Google Scholar
- 6.http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/.Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Andreev, Yu. M. Burmistrov, S. V. Zuyev, E. S. Konobeevski, M.V. Mordovskoi, and V. I. Firsov, Yad. Fiz. Inzhin. 4, 879 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Mazur, I. V. Sokolyuk, Z. M. Bigan, and I. Yu. Kobal’, Phys. At. Nucl. 56, 10 (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.O. S. Shevchenko, A. I. Dovbnya, Yu. N. Ranyuk, et al., Vestn. Khar’k. Univ. 710, 61 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.L. Z. Dzhilavyan, V. L. Kauts, V. I. Furman, and A. Yu. Chuprikov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 51, 215 (1990).Google Scholar