Differential cross section for the 16O(t, p)18O reaction and determination of the size of the two-neutron periphery in the 18O nucleus
- 16 Downloads
Within the theoretical formalism that combines a four-body problem with themultiparticle shell model, it is shown that the cross section for the dineuteron-stripping mechanism is consistent with the experimental angular distribution of protons from the 16O(t, p)18O reaction. This makes it possible to find the wave function for the relative motion of the dineutron and 16O and to obtain thereby the probability density W(r) for the dineutron in 18O, the nn–16O interaction potential, and the root-mean-square distance 〈L〉 nn between the dineutron and 16O. The respective calculations reveal that, at r ≈ 8 fm, the dineutron probability density and a rather deep nn–16O potential become negligible, which leads to the absence of a dineuntron periphery in 18O. It seems that one can explain this fact by a rather large value (12.19 MeV) of the dineutron binding energy in this nucleus. Thus, the 18O nucleus is quite compact an object, despite the excess of two neutrons, and has a neutron skin rather than a periphery.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. E. Penionzhkevich and R. Karapakchieva, Light Nuclei near Neutron Stability Boundary (OIYaI, Dubna, 2016) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Nuclear Dates CDFE. http://cdfe.sinp.msu.ru/.Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Kukulin, V. G. Neudatchin, I. T. Obukhovsky, and Yu. F. Smirnov, in Clastering Phenomena in Nuclei, Ed. by K. Wildermuth and P. Kramer (Friedrich Vieweg, Braunschweig, 1983), Vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 14.N. S. Zelenskaya and I. B. Teplov, Exchange Processes in Nuclear Reactions (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.S. Nilsson, in Deformation of Atomic Nuclei, Ed. by L. A. Sliv (Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1958) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.A. N. Boyarkina, The Structure of 1p-Shell Nuclei (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.J. Tompson, http://www.fresko.org.uk.Google Scholar
- 20.T. L. Belyaeva and N. S. Zelenskaya, in Proceeding of the CP90 Europhysics Conference on Computational Physics, Amsterdam, Netherland, 1990, Ed. by A. Tenner (Word Scientific, Singapore, 1991), p. 238Google Scholar
- 20a.N. S. Zelenskaya, O. Yu. Balashova, and A. A. Ovchinnikova, in Proceeding of the CP90 Europhysics Conference on Computational Physics, Amsterdam, Netherland, 1990, Ed. by A. Tenner (Word Scientific, Singapore, 1991), p. 552.Google Scholar
- 21.L. I. Galanina and N. S. Zelenskaya, RF Patent No. 2016661673 (2016).Google Scholar
- 22.N. Austern, Direct Nuclear Reaction Theories (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1970).Google Scholar