The interacting quasiparticle–phonon picture and odd–even nuclei. Overview and perspectives
- 24 Downloads
The role of the nucleon correlations in the ground states of even–even nuclei on the properties of low-lying states in odd–even spherical and transitional nuclei is studied. We reason about this subject using the language of the quasiparticle–phonon model which we extend to take account of the existence of quasiparticle⊗phonon configurations in the wave functions of the ground states of the even–even cores. Of paramount importance to the structure of the low-lying states happens to be the quasiparticle–phonon interaction in the ground states which we evaluated using both the standard and the extended random phase approximations. Numerical calculations for nuclei in the barium and cadmium regions are performed using pairing and quadrupole–quadrupole interaction modes which have the dominant impact on the lowest-lying states’ structure. It is found that states with same angular momentum and parity become closer in energy as compared to the predictions of models disregarding the backward amplitudes, which turns out to be in accord with the experimental data. In addition we found that the interaction between the last quasiparticle and the ground-state phonon admixtures produces configurations which contribute significantly to the magnetic dipolemoment of odd-A nuclei. It also reveals a potential for reproducing their experimental values which proves impossible if this interaction is neglected.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. G. Soloviev, Theory of Complex Nuclei (Pergamon, Oxford, 1976); Theory of Atomic Nuclei: Quasiparticles and Phonons (Institute of Physics, Bristol and Philadelphia, 1992).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Vdovin, V. V. Voronov, V. G. Soloviev, and Ch. Stoyanov, Fiz. Elem. Chastits At. Yadra 16, 245 (1985) [Sov. J. Part. Nucl. 16, 246 (1985)].Google Scholar
- 11.D. J. Rowe, Nuclear Collective Motion (Menthuen, London, 1970).Google Scholar
- 13.I. N. Borzov, E. E. Saperstein, and S. V. Tolokonnikov, Yad. Fiz. 71, 493 (2008) [Phys. Atom. Nucl. 71, 469 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 14.A. I. Levon, S. N. Fedotkin, and A. I. Vdovin, Yad. Fiz. 43, 1416 (1986) [Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 43, 912 (1986)].Google Scholar