Second Outburst of the Yellow Symbiotic Star LT Delphini
We present the results of our photoelectric UBV observations of the yellow symbiotic star LT Del over 2010–2018. The binary system LT Del, which consists of a bright K giant and a compact hot star with a temperature of ~100 000 K, has an orbital period of 476 days. In 2017 the variable experienced a second low-amplitude (ΔV ~ 0ṃ7) outburst in the history of its studies whose maximum occurred at an orbital phase of 0.15±0.05. The outburst duration was ~60 days. The B–V and U–B colors in the outburst became noticeably bluer. A difference in the photometric behavior of the star in the 1994 and 2017 outburst has been detected. In the orbital cycle preceding the 2017 outburst a secondary minimum with a depth of 0ṃ7 and 0ṃ20 appeared in the B and V light curves, respectively, whose cause is discussed. The phase light and color curves are presented and explained; the position of the star on the color-color diagram is interpreted. We have estimated the parameters of the cool and hot components of the system based on the distance determination from Gaia DR2.
Keywordssymbiotic stars binary systems photometric observations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Arkhipova and R. I. Noskova, Astron. Lett. 11, 297(1985).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Arkhipova and R. I. Noskova, Astron. Lett. 14, 217 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Arkhipova, N. P. Ikonnikova, and R. I. Noskova, Astron. Lett. 21 339 (1995a).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Arkhipova, V. F. Esipov, and N. P. Ikonnikova, Astron. Lett. 21, 391 (1995b).Google Scholar
- 8.A. G. A. Brown, A. Vallenari, T. Prusti, et al. (Gaia Collab.), Astron. Astrophys. 616, 10 (2018).Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Lyutyi, Soobshch. GAISh 172, 30 (1971).Google Scholar
- 16.U. Munari, P. Ochner, S. Dallaporta, and R. Belligoli, Astron. Telegram, No. 10361 (2017).Google Scholar
- 17.R. Pasuello et al., IAU Circ, No. 6065 (1994).Google Scholar
- 18.C. B. Pereira, V. V. Smith, and K. Cunha, Astron. J. 116, 1997 (1998).Google Scholar
- 20.Th. Schmidt-Kaler, in Landolt-Bornstein, Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology, New Ser. Group VI, Ed. by K. Schaifers and H. H. Voigt (Springer, Berlin, 1982), Vol. 2b.Google Scholar
- 23.V. L. Straizys, Stars with Metal Deficite (Mokslas, Vil'nyus, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar