Observations of extrasolar planet transits with the automated telescopes of the Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory
- 77 Downloads
Exoplanet observations have been performed on the automated Pulkovo Observatory telescopes. We have obtained 33 transit light curves for 16 known exoplanets and six transit observations for three exoplanet candidates discovered by the Kepler telescope. Based on our observations, we have reliably confirmed the existence of an exoplanet with an extremely large radius, R pl = 1.83 ± 0.16R Jup, in the system KOI 256 and detected a strong deviation of its orbital revolution from the theoretically predicted one. During the transit of the exoplanet WASP-12b across the stellar disk, we detected bursts that could be caused by the planet transit across spots on the star or by the presence of a satellite around this exoplanet. We detected possible periodic variations in the duration of the exoplanet transit across the stellar disk with time for HAT-P-12b that could be caused by variations in orbital inclination. The transit duration and depth, the central transit time, and the radius and orbital inclination of the planet have been estimated. The equilibrium temperature and albedo have been estimated for several exoplanets.
Keywordsexoplanets exoplanet candidates transits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J.W. Barnes, arXiv: 0708.0243 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.W. J. Borucki and the KEPLER Team, arXiv:1102.0541v1 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.C. J. Burke, arXiv: 0801.2579 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Chan, M. Ingemyr, J. N. Winn, et al., http://arxiv.org/abs/1103.3078 (2011).
- 7.W. Danchi, 2008 Exoplanet Forum Rep. 71, Ed. by P. R. Lawsan, W. A. Traub, and S. C. Unwin (NASA JPL, Pasadena, CA, 2008).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Devyatkin, I. I. Kanaev, A. P. Kulish, et al., Izv. GAO 217, 505 (2004).Google Scholar
- 13.I. I. Kanaev, A. V. Devyatkin, A. P. Kulish, et al., Izv. GAO 214, 523 (2000).Google Scholar
- 14.A. P. Kulish, A. V. Devyatkin, V. B. Rafalskii, et al., Izv. GAO 219, 192 (2009).Google Scholar
- 16.N. Narita, arXiv:0906.0769 (2009).Google Scholar
- 18.V. L. Straizys, Multicolor Stellar Photometry (Mosklas, Vil’nyus, 1977; Pachart Publ., Tucson, 1992).Google Scholar
- 20.V. V. Vityazev, Wavelet Analysis of Time Series (SPb. Gos. Univ., St.-Petersburg, 2001a) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 21.V. V. Vityazev, Time Series Analysis of Unequally Spaced Data (SPb. Gos. Univ., St.-Petersburg, 2001b) [in Russian].Google Scholar