Iosif Samuilovich Shklovskii
- 31 Downloads
July 1, 2016 was the 100th anniversary of the birthday of the eminent Russian astrophysicist Iosif Samuilovich Shklovskii (1916–1985), who was a corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences, a recipient of the Lenin Prize, and a member of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, the Royal Astronomical Society, and many other academies. Iosif Samuilovich made important and fundamental contributions in many areas of modern astrophysics, and is the author of nine books and more than 300 scientific publications. The Russian Academy of Science, Astro Space Center of the Lebedev Physical Institute, Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Sternberg Astronomical Institute of Moscow State University, and the Astronomical Society held the international conference “All-Wave Astronomy. Shklovskii-100” to commemorate this anniversary. This issue of Astronomy Reports presents papers based on selected talks at this conference.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. S. Shklovskii, The Solar Corona (GITTL, Moscow, Leningrad, 1951) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.I. S. Shklovskii, Physics of the Solar Corona (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1962; Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1965).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Shklovskii, Supernovae (Nauka, Moscow, 1966; Wiley, New York 1968).Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Shklovskii, Intelligent Life in the Universe (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1962; Emerson-Adams, New York, 1998).Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Shklovskii, Stars: Their Birth, Life, and Death (Nauka, Moscow, 1975; W. H. Freeman, San Francisco, 1978).Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Shklovskii, Five Billion Vodka Bottles to the Moon: Tales of a Soviet Scientist (Novosti, Moscow, 1991; Norton and Company, 1991).Google Scholar