Peculiarities of Acoustic Wave Reflection from a Boundary or Layer of a Two-Phase Medium
- 16 Downloads
A mathematical model is presented for determining the oblique incidence of an acoustic wave at both a boundary and layer of a gas–drop mixture or a bubbly liquid of finite thickness. The basic wave reflection and transmission patterns are established for the incidence of a low-frequency acoustic wave at an interface between a pure gas and a gas–drop mixture, as well as between a pure and bubbly liquid. A range of varying volume fractions for a drop is determined, for which the zero value of the reflection coefficient is possible for low frequencies at oblique incidence. It is shown that the reflection coefficient will never be zero at angles of incidence above 24.5° from a gas–drop mixture at a pure gas boundary; however, when a wave is incident from a pure gas at a gas–drop mixture boundary, a zero reflection coefficient is possible for nonzero angles of incidence and the volume fraction of inclusions. The results of calculating reflection of an acoustic wave from a two-phase layer of a medium with a finite thickness are presented. It is established that the minimum reflection coefficient is possible depending on the perturbation frequency for a certain range of angles of incidence for the boundary or the layer of the gas–drop mixture, which is governed mainly by difference in densities between it and the pure gas.
Keywordsacoustic waves gas–drop mixture or gas suspension bubbly liquid interface reflection and transmission coefficient two-layer medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.D. A. Gubaidullin and A. I. Ivandaev, Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 6, 27 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.O. B. Zel’manskii, S. N. Petrov, and A. A. Kazeka, Dokl. Beloruss. Gos. Univ. Inf. Radioelektron. 78 (8), 30 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.K. Lee, B. K. Choi, and S. W. Yoon, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 40 (2), 256 (2002).Google Scholar
- 13.T. M. Tien, MT Thesis (Tainan, National Cheng Kung Univ., 2001).Google Scholar
- 17.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multi-Phase Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1987), Part 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.D. A. Gubaidullin, Dynamics of Two-Phase Vapor-Gas-Droplet Media (Izd. Kazanskogo Matematicheskogo Obshchestva, Kazan, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 23.D. A. Gubaidullin and Yu. V. Fedorov, Prikl. Mat. Mekh. 77 (5), 743 (2013).Google Scholar
- 27.M. A. Isakovich, General Acoustics (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 28.S. N. Gurbatov and O. V. Rudenko, Acoustics in Problems (Nauka, Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar