Influence of the generation and recombination of carriers on the volt-ampere characteristics of semiconductor heterostructures
- 36 Downloads
The influence of the generation and recombination of free charge carriers in the p-i-n structure in strong electric fields on the stationary volt-ampere characteristics is considered. The issues of the stability of stationary solutions are investigated. It is shown that a form of the stationary volt-ampere characteristics and their stability depend on ratios between free electrons and holes in the current injected into the i-layer and in the current outflowing from the layer. When the structure is forward biased, the oscillations may occur.
KeywordsElectric Field Strength RUSSIAN Microelectronics Recombination Center Strong Electric Field Free Charge Carrier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Levinshtein, M., Kostamovaara, J., and Vainshtein, S., Breakdown Phenomena in Semiconductors and Semi-conductor Devices, Singapore: World Scientific, 2005.Google Scholar
- 7.Rodin, P.B., Nonlinear dynamics of current crowding and ionization fronts in semiconductor devices of key type, Extended Abstract of Doctoral (Phys.-Math.) Dissertation, St.-Petersburg, 2008.Google Scholar
- 8.Nikolis, G. and Prigozhin, I., Self-Organization in Non-equilibrium Systems: From Dissipative Structures to Order through Fluctuations, New York: Wiley, 1979.Google Scholar
- 9.Astrov, Yu.A., Current structures in Si(Zn), Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 1993, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1971–1989.Google Scholar
- 10.Astrov, Yu.A. and Khoreev, S.A., Study of current crowding structures in Si(Zn), Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 1993, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 2024–2029.Google Scholar