Influence of optical properties of the SOI structure on the wafer temperature during rapid thermal annealing
- 61 Downloads
Optical characteristics are compared theoretically, and temperature differences of the Si wafer with the B-doped SOI structure and substrate wafer are evaluated during rapid thermal annealing. It is shown that under identical annealing conditions and temperatures above 800 K, the difference in their temperatures can reach ∼30 K. We studied the dependence of the total emissivity and temperature of the wafer with the SOI structure on the concentration of the doping impurity in the Si layer. The method of the quantitative analysis of variations of the wafer temperature under invariable annealing conditions depending on the variations of emissivity of its surfaces is suggested.
KeywordsEmissivity Total Emissivity Rapid Thermal Annealing Back Side RUSSIAN Microelectronics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rapid Thermal Processing, Boston, Mater. Res. Soc., 1985, vol. 52.Google Scholar
- 2.Singh, R., Rapid Thermal Processing, J. Appl. Phys., 1988, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. R50–R110.Google Scholar
- 3.Averkin, A.N., Orlikovskii, A.A., and Rudenko, K.V., Plasma-Immersion Ion Implantation of Boron for the Formation of Ultrashallow p +-n Junctions in Silicon, Proc. 3rd Int. Symp. on Theoretical and Applied Plasma Chemistry, vol. 2, Ples, 2002, pp. 360–362.Google Scholar
- 4.Fiory, A.T., Recent Developments in Rapid Thermal Processing, JOM, June 2005, pp. 1–26.Google Scholar
- 8.Ovcharov, V., Rudakov, V., Kurenya, A., and Simakin, S., Diffusion Simulation during RTA of Plasma Immersion Ion Implanted Boron in SOI Structure, in Proc. Int. Conf. “Modern Problems in the Physics of Surfaces and Nanostructures” (IC MPSN-2010), Yaroslavl, 2010, P3–16.Google Scholar
- 9.Siegel, R. and Howell J.R., Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer, New York: Hemisphere, 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, Z.M., Nano/Microscale Heat Transfer, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.Lee, B.J. and Zhang, Z.M., Rad-Pro Effective Software for Modeling Radiative Properties in Rapid Thermal Processing, in Proc. 13th Ann. Int. Conf. Adv. Thermal Processing of Semiconductors (RTR’2005), Santa Barbara, 2005, pp. 275–281.Google Scholar
- 12.Rudakov, V.I., Ovcharov, V.V., and Prigara, V.P, Influence of a Rough Surface of the Silicon Wafer on Its Temperature during Heating with Incoherent Radiation, Mikroelektronika, 2010, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 3–13.Google Scholar
- 13.Zvorykin, D.B. and Prokhorov, Yu.I., Primenenie luchistogo infrakrasnogo nagreva v elektronnoi promyshlennosti (Application of Beam Infrared Heating in Electron Industry), Moscow: Energiya, 1980.Google Scholar