Simulation of formation of nanostructures during sputtering of the surface by ion bombardment
- 32 Downloads
The results of the investigation of a spatially nonlocal model of surface erosion by the ion bombardment are presented. It is shown that the equilibrium states of the surface in the scope of the model are the plane and a terrace-like profile. Critical values of the bombardment angle and surface diffusion, at which the equilibrium states are lost to perturbations in the form of traveling waves, are determined. The obtained results allow us to explain the main form of the surface topography formed during ion sputtering of the surface, and to determine their parameters, the existence region, and the sequence of appearance.
KeywordsVersus Versus Versus RUSSIAN Microelectronics Versus Versus Versus Versus Average Path Length Zero Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Carter, G., The Physics and Applications of Ion Beam Erosion, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys, 2001, vol. 34 R.Google Scholar
- 5.Birkgan, S.E., Bachurin, V.I., Rudy, A.S., and Smirnov, V.K., Nanoscale Model of Surface Erosion by Ion Bombardment, Rad. Eff. & Def. in Sol., 2004, vol. 159, no. 6, pp. 319–329.Google Scholar
- 6.Rudyi, A.S. and Bachurin, V.I., A Spatially Nonlocal Model of Erosion of the Surface by Ion Bombardment, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz., 2008, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 624–629.Google Scholar
- 7.Kibalov, D.S., Wave-Like Nanostructures on the Surface of Silicon Initiated by the Ion Bombardment, Extended Abstract of the Doctoral (Phys.-Math.) Dissertation, Moscow, 2005.Google Scholar
- 8.Sobolev, S.L., Nekotorye primeneniya funktsional’nogo analiza v matematicheskoi fizike (Certain Applications of the Functional Analysis in Mathematical Physics, LGU, 1950, p. 256.Google Scholar