Dressability of Old Gold-Bearing Tailings by Flotation
- 8 Downloads
The research results on floatability of old gold-bearing tailings are presented. The complex material composition and process features of processing waste are governed by difference in treatment of various ore types (sulfide, oxidized and mixed) at processing plant, as well as with supergene processes in the tailings pond. Feasibility of re-flotation of tailings is discussed. It is found that short-term mechanical activation of tailings in a mill with the subsequent flotation (at the adjusted reagent mode as against the current technology) results in gold recovery of 29.0 to 45.4% in flotation concentrate at the residue content of metal in rejects at the level of 0.2–0.3 g/t.
KeywordsFlotation old tailings mining waste reagent mode recovery tailings pond dressability study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chanturia, V.A., Innovation Methods in Mineral Processing Technologies of Ores with Complex Composition, GIAB, 2009, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 9–25.Google Scholar
- 2.Bantshi, A.M. and Makuvise, P., Extraction of Gold from Sands and Slimes Tailings Dump from Mazowe Mine, Zimbabwe, Minerals, Metals and Materials Series, 2017, pp. 507–517.Google Scholar
- 5.Sudibyo, Aji B.B., Sumardi, S., Mufakir, F.R., Junaidi, A., Nurjaman, F., Karna, and Aziza, A. Taguchi Optimization: Case Study of Gold Recovery from Amalgamation Tailing by Using Froth Flotation Method, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2017, vol. 1805, no. 1, id 050003.Google Scholar
- 6.Evdokimov, S.I. and Evdokimov, V.S, Placer Mining Waste Processing Technology, Ekol. Promysh. Rossii, 2017, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 10–15.Google Scholar
- 7.Evdokimov, S.I. and Evdokimov, V.S., Technology of Combined Development of Ores and Legacy Gold Placers, Tsvet. Met., 2017, no. 9, pp. 20–28.Google Scholar
- 8.Bekturganov, N.S., Arystanova, G.A., Koizhanova, A.K., and Erdenova, M.B., Comparative Study of the Methods for Gold Recovery from Man-Made Flotation Tailing, Tsvet. Met., 2016, no. 10, pp. 69–72.Google Scholar
- 9.Zinchenko, Z.A. and Tyumin, I.A., Researches of Gold Extraction from Flotation Tailings of Djijicrut Deposit Narrow Level by Thiourea, Dokl. Akad. Nauk Resp. Tajikistan, 2013, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 796–800.Google Scholar
- 10.Bogdanovich, A.V., Vasil’ev, A.M., Shneerson, Ya.M., and Pleshkov, M.A., Recovery of Gold from Old Tailings of Copper-Zink-Pyrite Ores, Obogashch. Rud, 2013, no. 5, pp. 34–44.Google Scholar
- 11.Zelenov, V.I., Metodika issledovaniya zoloto- i serebrosoderzhashchikh rud (Gold- and Silver-Bearing Ore Research Techniques), Moscow: Nedra, 1989.Google Scholar
- 12.Algebraistova, N.K., Alekseeva, E.A., and Kolyago, E.K., Mineralogy and Processing Technology of Old Tailings from Artem’evskaya Gold Recovery Plant, GIAB, 2000, no. 6, pp. 191–197.Google Scholar
- 13.Lygach, V.N., Ladygina, G.V., Samorukova, V.D., and Shubuderov, A.V., Additional Recovery of Gold from Tailings of Poor Gold-Bearing Ores of the Southern Urals. http://www.giab-online.ru//files/Data/2007/8/25_Ligach24.pdf.
- 14.Meimanova, Zh.S. and Nogaeva, K.A., Investigation of Flotation Processing of Old Tailings from PF Solton-Sary, Nauka Nov. Tekhnol., 2014, no. 2, pp. 15–16.Google Scholar
- 15.Lodeishchikov, B.B., Tekhnologiya izvlecheniya zolota i serebra iz upornykh rud (Technology of Gold and Silver Recovery from Refractory Ores), Irkutsk: Irgiredmet, 1999.Google Scholar
- 16.Bragina, V.I. and Konnova, N.I., Recovery of Valuable Minerals from Tailings, GIAB, 2011, no. 12, pp. 165–169.Google Scholar
- 19.Glembotsky, V.A., Flotatsionnye metody obogashcheniya (Flotation Methods of Processing), Moscow: Nedra, 1981.Google Scholar